Eyelash curlers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babydollmama

Reaction score
I've done a search but couldn't find anything so sorry if this has been asked recently.

Can you skin geeks recommend a good lash curler? Do they all do much the same job or do you have to pay alot more for a better longer lasting effect? I've tried a few but they haven't been anything fancy.

I'm umming and ahhing about the getting them permed but after a bad experience a few years back I'm a bit hesitant and if I can get decent effects at home then I may not bother.

Many thanks x

I have tried a few of the heated eye lash curlers and to be honest all were a waste of time.

Do go and speak to a therapist about perming to make sure it is the right thing for you to do and make sure you feel happy with the person.

What problems did you have before?

Thanks for your reply Theresa, I had them permed a few years ago and they were just curled way too much, whether she didn't size them correctly I don't know. I have long lashes and I suspect she may have used a rod too small for me as they practically curled back on themselves, all I wanted was a bend really.

I do curl them myself every time I wear makeup but it never lasts that long. I've used heated curlers but not spent any more than £10 on them so wondered is there a make/model that gives lovely results.

I also had the problem at college where a too small rod was used - as a therapist I would always start with a large rod for a new client,and if that didnt achieve the result I would then re-do them smaller.

I have never found the heated ones any good - did no different than a good mascara.

Thanks again. I'm just nervous about the same thing happening again as it did look ridiculous! The girl that did it is the only therapist I know of that does it where I live although having said that I'm sure she's improved in the last few years.

I worked with a girl whos lashs were ridiculasly long and we had to have perming training, i used the biggest rollers we had and they still over curled! i had to put the solutions on again and brush the curl out! I think it depends how long u're lashs are as well as the size of curler. i hope it hasnt put u off though. i love getting mine permed x

I worked with a girl whos lashs were ridiculasly long and we had to have perming training, i used the biggest rollers we had and they still over curled! i had to put the solutions on again and brush the curl out! I think it depends how long u're lashs are as well as the size of curler. i hope it hasnt put u off though. i love getting mine permed x

I think the trick here is to put the solution on the middle strip of the curler - not all the way round. It will seep slightly around the rod but as it is a gel type consistency it wont run alot. That should help to avoid over curling longer lashes.

Ooh now I'm having second thoughts!! I wouldn't want to walk in there and recommend the best way to do it. If only I lived closer to you guys lol. May just get myslef a nice new mascara and hope for the best!!

Hi,

The best eyelash curler I've ever used is by Shu Uemera.

However, I have always heard that the two best are Shu Uemera and Shiseido, that it just depends on your eye shape which one works best for you.

My Shu has been perfect for years, I will never use another! If used properly (squeezing gently without tugging as you move from root to tip) it gives me fantastic curls. Can get more of a crimp though with any curler if you just clamp down hard in one place.

S

Hi,

The best eyelash curler I've ever used is by Shu Uemera.

However, I have always heard that the two best are Shu Uemera and Shiseido, that it just depends on your eye shape which one works best for you.

My Shu has been perfect for years, I will never use another! If used properly (squeezing gently without tugging as you move from root to tip) it gives me fantastic curls. Can get more of a crimp though with any curler if you just clamp down hard in one place.

S

Thanks hun, that's brilliant but do you know if there are any stockists in the UK?

I have the same problem but I've been using the mascara with the white and then the black. I do one coat of white, then curl, another white then the black, it helps the curl last whilst lengthening too, hth

Thanks Louise, I haven't tried the white ones before, I'll have a little look round on the weekend.

Thanks Louise, I haven't tried the white ones before, I'll have a little look round on the weekend.

Boots.com - Shop -- Bourjois

This is the one I use, I've tryed most white / black ones going but this is by far my fave. The white brush is nice and thin which makes great applicaton. Try not to let the second coat of white dry before you put on the black. There is also a waterproof one which comes in blue packaging but its not as good, too much!

HTH's

Latest posts

Back