eyelash enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi all

i am on an nvq beauty level 2 course at the moment - i did an eyelash perm and tint on a client the other night at college - lovely results as she was REALLY fair and had sparse eyelashes.

Only one downer HER EYES WERE SOOOOOOOO RED after.

No solutions had got in her eyes (perm or tint) but its really put me off doing another.

Client thought it was probably the fumes from the perm (?)

They looked good as i say but it scared me with the eyes reacting so bad.

Amb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MINKUS said:
Only one downer HER EYES WERE SOOOOOOOO RED after.

No solutions had got in her eyes (perm or tint) but its really put me off doing another.

Client thought it was probably the fumes from the perm (?)

They looked good as i say but it scared me with the eyes reacting so bad.

Amb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Don't be put off - this isn't the norm! I wonder if it could have been a reaction to the petroleum jelly or whatever you masked her eyes with. Have you checked with her how long the redness lasted? They probably went down after a couple of hours. Why not follow her up and see if she's happy with the results? xxxxxxxx

Maybe her eyes were quite sensitive, and doing a perm and tint in one go was too much for her?

We were taught that technically they shouldn't be done at the same time, although a lot of people do, and that it would probably be too much for sensitive eyes.

It was left up to our discrection as a tech as to whether to decide to offer both together or not (so many salons do and it might be detrimental to business not to), but were warned that if someone had a problem and decided to sue, that the fact that both were done in the same appointment, not 24 hours apart, would void our insurance.

Other than that, did you ensure you removed all the tinting solution properly? Cos if you don't it can cause some stinging and redness (like when you don't remove mascara properly and it runs into your eyes in the shower).

Latest posts

Back