Eyelash Extension Client Wanting Refund

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lrexs

Reaction score
Hi guys

I had a client in for eyelash extensions 2 weeks ago, she messaged a few days ago to say they had almost all fallen off. I have offered her a full new set for free which she happliy said yes to.

The appointment was suppose to be for this morning but she never showed up, I then had a message from her saying that she was unable to attend the appointment due to child care issues and is asking for a refund.

What should I do?

I'm sure the law is clients have to give you an opportunity to put things right before getting a refund, as she didn't turn up for appt and didn't let you know in time so you could fill the time. I think she has forfeited the right to a refund. Having said that I personally think we shouldn't give in too easily but thought should be given to the damage to reputation that can be done by a disgruntled client. Is it worth the cost of a refund to get rid of her.

Being cynical, do you think she's been elsewhere for a set? Perhaps you should ask for a photo 'of how her skin is today' obviously you want to ensure her skin has recovered???!!!....bla bla
Solely for the purposes of your good reputation, I would offer a second appointment very soon but state that you cannot extend the offer of a free set beyond this date. She will either be genuine and turn up or more likely not turn up because she is a time waster and just trying it on.
Should she not turn up again I would block her from contacting you e.g. Facebook, email, phone etc so the only way she can get to you is by turning up on your doorstep, which of course she won't... Anyway you'll not have to book her again and you can move on.

Remember to document everything that has happened and what was said / agreed.

I really feel for you in this situation but I am inclined to agree with Dsalno1

She’s not entitled to a full refund because you’ve no idea if she looked after her extensions properly - if they lasted longer than 48 hours they were bonded and the rest is aftercare and on the client.

You could message back and explain this - saying that you offered a redo as goodwill and to have the opportunity to re-educate her about looking after her extensions. PersonallyI wouldn’t want a flaky client, so I’d be quite keen to get rid. Returning half her money would be my preferred route and then put some terms and conditions on your website to cover this situation for the future and move on.

I vote to graciously give her a partial refund (1/2). As you do this give her a sincere sounding apology for her inconvenience, followed in the next breath about your inconvenience (her no-show, and other fluff.... including the importance of home-lash care). Keep copies of the communications should she decide to post a negative review. ALSO, ensure you include a refund policy and after-care tips on your SM/Web pages.

Latest posts

Back