Eyelash extension course-help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickii

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm seeking some much needed advice from the pro's xxx
I want to do an eyelash extension course but really do not know which one to do.
I've got about £200 set aside.
My main concern is once I've done the training I want to go straight out there and start working. So my course needs to be certificated by the right beauty board and also to obtain sufficient insurance.

I live in Essex.. So Essex, London , hert's are easy for me to get to .

I've looked at the Pinewood studios course a lot and their course looks ok.
Is there anything I should be asking before I book ?

Thank you sooooo much xx

My lash course was rubbish! I plan on re training once I've saved up. The bonus is I don't have to buy a kit! I have looked at the pinewood studios one too.
I will be looking for a course that is accredited and who by. I will read reviews of the course. I want to find out how long it is(some are just 3 hours long!) it can take about 2 to do a full set of lashes so I dread to think how much practical you actually do!). I would like a course where I have to do case study's so I can have my progress tracked. I want to know how long the trainer had been doing lashes! I will ask hat is covered, ie do they teach you how to patch test, do they talk about different lengths and thickness of extensions etc(my course didn't go in depth about the different curls, lengths and thicknesses!), what aftercare, prepare and theory is taught. I want to know the ins and outs of lashes next time!
Good luck and I hope you choose one soon!

Eyelashes can be very fiddly and may need a lot of patience if you are not used to working with tweezers etc.

Ask the companies you are interested in about their accreditation to ensure that you can get insurance after you have been certified.
i agree with sweetyrex, a 3 hour course for lash extensions cant be comprehensive enough to give you the know how you need. Generally the theorie alone will take 1-1.5 hours, then demonstration and the practical side of things which means it would be around 6 hours!

Find out how long the trainer has been working with lash extensions and whether they are "just" training or also working as a therapist as that would indicate more hands on experience.

Class size can be a big issue as smaller classes or 1-2-1 training means that the trainer has got more time for you to watch and help, to give you tips and tricks and to let you know what you are doing right or what you could be doing differently.

Whilst you are rearing to go and would like to be fully competent when you leave the course, reality is that practice makes perfect and that you are still going to keep learning with each set. It is important to get the necessary back up from the trainer if you have any questions or need further advice on anything.

Best is to give the trainer a call to have a chat and to get a feeling for the company or trainer!

Eyelashes can be very fiddly and may need a lot of patience if you are not used to working with tweezers etc.

Ask the companies you are interested in about their accreditation to ensure that you can get insurance after you have been certified.
i agree with sweetyrex, a 3 hour course for lash extensions cant be comprehensive enough to give you the know how you need. Generally the theorie alone will take 1-1.5 hours, then demonstration and the practical side of things which means it would be around 6 hours!

Find out how long the trainer has been working with lash extensions and whether they are "just" training or also working as a therapist as that would indicate more hands on experience.

Class size can be a big issue as smaller classes or 1-2-1 training means that the trainer has got more time for you to watch and help, to give you tips and tricks and to let you know what you are doing right or what you could be doing differently.

Whilst you are rearing to go and would like to be fully competent when you leave the course, reality is that practice makes perfect and that you are still going to keep learning with each set. It is important to get the necessary back up from the trainer if you have any questions or need further advice on anything.

Best is to give the trainer a call to have a chat and to get a feeling for the company or trainer!

Deff can be tricky to get used to! And I agree, practice will be needed to get your confidence and speed up. That's why I would like to do case studies on my next course as it gives you practice and the trainer can give you feedback. I'm actually fairly confident now after helpful hints on here but still feel I could learn more with the right course and the right backing.
Nouveau beauty group are supposed to be very good too.

Latest posts

Back