Eyelash extension course-help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rippersroo

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new to salongeek.

I done a bit of research and booked myself on an eyelash extension course. Since then I have still been looking at loads of info on it and now come across salongeek and read some posts.

I am now posssibly regretting who I booked with as many people have not had a good day on this course with them. It's the British beauty academy one day course £165.

I have a few problems, my work has just been cut down to 1 day a week so I was looking into eyelash extensions to go self employed and help my income-before Xmas if I could and the BBA offered a good price and what seemed like a good kit and more importantly near to me though I've still got to travel 2 house to get there they also are doing the course on the 16th of this month so it seemed great!

But I fear I have made a mistake going with them as in the long run I might want to do a better course as I've now found AH Francis and others recommended on here! As expected my money is now very low income and I can't get a refund.
Also I've seen girls are concerned about large class numbers. When I called the lady said a class would be no bigger than 14!!! But at the moment there's not many on my chosen day anyway and a tutor wouldn't take on more than they can handle.

Can anyone give me any advice or reassurance?!
Has anyone been with them and now work confidently?

I wish I'd of found this site with everyone's opinions on first and I could of gone for something better!
Thanks in advance!

I trained recently too, not with the people you trained with but I had heard bad reviews about the course I was about to go on

But when I did the course as I couldn't get a refund. I found that it was thorough and I was very happy with the training. I think there are always people out there who can find fault with anything and some just love to complain. Try not to worry too much let me know how it goes and I hope you enjoy it. Good luck xxx

Thankyou I know everyone will have a different opinion I am a bit restricted where I live to where any courses are happening too.
Although on the plus side that means no one in a ten mile radius is offering EE.

How many were in your class? Have you had many clients yet? Do you do nails aswell.
Thankyou for your reply

Hi everyone I'm new to salongeek.

I done a bit of research and booked myself on an eyelash extension course. Since then I have still been looking at loads of info on it and now come across salongeek and read some posts.

I am now posssibly regretting who I booked with as many people have not had a good day on this course with them. It's the British beauty academy one day course £165.

I have a few problems, my work has just been cut down to 1 day a week so I was looking into eyelash extensions to go self employed and help my income-before Xmas if I could and the BBA offered a good price and what seemed like a good kit and more importantly near to me though I've still got to travel 2 house to get there they also are doing the course on the 16th of this month so it seemed great!

But I fear I have made a mistake going with them as in the long run I might want to do a better course as I've now found AH Francis and others recommended on here! As expected my money is now very low income and I can't get a refund.
Also I've seen girls are concerned about large class numbers. When I called the lady said a class would be no bigger than 14!!! But at the moment there's not many on my chosen day anyway and a tutor wouldn't take on more than they can handle.

Can anyone give me any advice or reassurance?!
Has anyone been with them and now work confidently?

I wish I'd of found this site with everyone's opinions on first and I could of gone for something better!
Thanks in advance!

I did my course with them and it was the biggest mistake as I had t retrain. There was 16 on the course their definition of a one day course is 4 hours and then your qualified and we didn't have a clue wat we were doing! and they then go on to teach other courses on the same day stay away unless you've got money to waste and wanna retrain!

There was 12 in my class, I have only had 2 clients so far but I can feel myself improving already. The course I went on basically taught me the theory behind EE and we then practised the technique on each other, we only did 20 lashes per eye due to time.It's very fiddly and will just take practise to perfect it but I felt as long as I know the basic technique and I'm insured etc that will come with time. I was a nervous wreck when I did my first client but they came out better than I expected. Yes I do nails aswell and I love doing it, trying to build up my qualifications gradually. I will attach a pic of my first set. Defo let me know how u get on, will keep my fingers crossed for you x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386324633.908760.jpg

Thanks for the pic your first set look brilliant! I definitely feel better about it now. I just hope I learn enough as I only know about 4 people I can practice on!

Done my course today there was only 8 in our class and the tutor was lovely.
I don't feel it was rushed and I have nothing to compare it to so i can't say it was rubbish but I think there could have been more detail which I suppose you get if u have 1 to 1 teaching, like how to bridge gaps etc.
I have read about these other details and how to get round problems when lashing on here but it would be good to of been taught them and been able to practice them too.
After we done a few on each other we were welcome to stay longer and I would of done if it was nearer to where I live as it was 2 hours away but I done a few more on my dummy and have been going on false ones at home just now stuck to my knee!!haha
I don't really think I learnt anything I hadn't already found out on here but then you have to get the qualification somehow and practice.
I think the kit is quite basic aswell it sounded good when I booked but then I didn't know what I was looking for really! But now I've been on lashbase I can see there are more items I'll need.
If I hadn't learnt anything off here already I think if be so bewildered now but I don't feel too bad! I've got insured and my first client tomoro! I've warned her I may be ages!!💤

Well done!,glad you got on well and to be honest sounds like the course I was on! You just learn the basic technique.My course didn't teach bridging gaps either but it's something I have researched and would feel happy doing. Take pics of your first set, I would love to see them!
I have my first infill on a client next Monday, scared as I only learnt the theory but I feel like the more we practise the better we get. Good luck with you're first full set xx

Have a look on YouTube for "eyelash extensions in kent" LieLash put some tutorials on for lashing including here technique on doing a set, how she infills, and ways to bridge gaps!
She posted links on the "show us your lashes" thread.
She not a trainer but does some damn nice lashes. Just thought they might help! X

Will definitely take a look at those tutorials! Might make me feel a bit more confident with the infill. Thank you for you're advice xx

Thanks ik.nails I will have to remember the photos! If I'm not too ashamed!! And thankyou for your support.
LMA I already discovered the videos and am now a subscriber incase anymore go up! That's how I found out about gaps, I was telling a lady on my course about the videos today aswell.
Thanks for all your help ☺️ xx

Latest posts

Back