Eyelash extension course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msophie

Reaction score
Hi, not sure if this is in the correct place, but I’m new here! Having managed a pub for the last 2 years, I left earlier in the year due to stress, long unsociable hours, and a mental break down at 23! I’ve decided I would like to train in eyelash extensions and realise this takes a lot of time and effort to perfect the skill, but I’m willing to give it my all and have something to focus on. I’ve got a lash course booked in January, and am looking for experiences others have had with courses, any advice or tips as someone starting out in a whole new career, what to expect from the course, how I can get the most out of the course, and any useful websites/forums to help me on the right track. Any replies will be much appreciated x

I can't really help you but I can share my daughter's experience with you, which might be helpful.

My daughter trained in eyelash extensions 18 months ago but didn't feel she learnt enough on the 1 day course she did alongside her beauty therapy level 2 course at college so is looking to do some further training to iron out some of her weaknesses. We have been looking at courses that require you to do the A&P at home beforehand as these types of courses seem to offer more time for practical work, which she felt was lacking on her original course. Small class sizes and tutor support following the course are important, because as you pointed out, it takes a lot of practice to perfect the treatment. Some courses don't offer any follow up support so you want to check that the course you're booked on to does.
Also, check the reviews of the course you are doing. If the course is cheap I'd be a bit wary. (That's not to say all expensive courses are brilliant of course!). What insurance companies will accept the qualification the course offers? It will be beneficial to have a qualification that is recognised by all the main beauty therapy insurance companies rather than just one specified company that the course providers have paid to accredit their course.

On the plus side, my daughter gets a lot of interest in eyelash extensions, and all the good eyelash techs in our area always seem to be busy. Something else you might want to consider in the future is training in Brow treatments. More often than not my daughter ties in a brow treatment at the same time as lash extensions as the 2 treatments really compliment each other. X

Dont panic about doing anything before hand. Your course should include all the theory and know how you need to start your new venture. Depending on the company or brand you booked with they will provide a kit with all the items you need and they should also provide help with marketing, setting up your business etc and one very important factor is also the support you get after the training day as that is just the beginning of your journey. The first few weeks and months are crucial and you need the trainer by your side to support you with any queries you have, case studies and you will find that some companies offer support groups and other help to get you off to a good start.

Latest posts

Back