Eyelash Extension gel eye pads

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardc02

Reaction score
Hiya, I currently use Eyelash emporium eye pads on top of the micro tape when doing lashes, but wondered what everyone else uses? Is there a favourite eye pad that seems to stick well etc as I haven't tried any others yet?

Thanks,

Sophie

Hiya, I currently use Eyelash emporium eye pads on top of the micro tape when doing lashes, but wondered what everyone else uses? Is there a favourite eye pad that seems to stick well etc as I haven't tried any others yet?

Thanks,

Sophie

I think ive used every one but i find eyelash emporium and marvel lash pads the best. xxx Dont buy anything else marvel lash though...well i dont like the products. but maybe u will xx i think you will find the emporium ones are a fave xx

I like the ones from lashbase, the orginal ones (found the new kiss ones not as soft), I had all but given up on eyepads as I couldn't find ones to suit all, but to be honest I really like these ones and my clients are so glad not to have micropore on anymore.

Annie xx

Thanks,

Sophie

Hi Sophie, I use the eye gel pads that A H Francis sell, you do not need tape underneath them and they are really easy to apply due to the shape and they leave the skin under the eye lovely and soft. If you google her you will find the website, I did my training with her and she was really helpful. I also purchase my glue from her and I have been using it now for 6 years with no problems.
Diane

Just remember that any gel eyepad will run if you have clients with watery eyes. They are a great pick me up for skin if they have good ingredients but may not be so great if ur client has sensitive skin - always ask ur clients if they have sensitive skin or allergies and if they do then stick (excuse the pun!) to micropore or nexcare tape.

I use the Eyelash Emporium gel pads too and I think they're great, but I use them a little differently to you. I put the pad down first, right up UNDER the lower lashes, then I tape the lower lashes to the pad. I don't like using the pads alone because as Hypnotic Lashes says the gel can run and also they have a tendancy to slide around if the client has moisturised recently or has oily skin. I also feel they get the full benefit of the treatment this way.

All of my clients who have been lashed elsewhere have been impressed by how comfortable the tape removal process is because it's not stuck to the skin. They've said they dreaded the tape being removed and even though it's such a small part of the service, it's the thing that stuck with them. I've also found that I can apply tape this way even on those with tape allergies, as it's not touching the skin.

Last edited:
La dolly vita thank
You for that tip I will be trying that on my clients today :) xx

Thanks for all your tips and I like the whole eye pad on first then tape, I may try that next time!

Thanks for your help, I did a set of lashes last night using the eypads first then taping the lashes onto the pads and it worked a treat! I did panic at one point that a fe lashes had stuck to the microtape but it was only the one which I removed, and all ok. Think I need to move the tape down a bit as may have been a bit too close to the eyelids?!

There was a thread a few months ago where everyone voted on which products/companies they found best for eye pads, glue, sealent etc and one of the geeks put it in a chart! have a search! You can then view everyones opinions

If ur finding the tape is still too tacky you can de tack it a little on the back of the clients hand. Obviously you would ask the client first if they would prefer this or if they prefer the tape as is.

Please don't de tack on your own skin as you will not be following good infection control practices :)

On the note of tape... Have any of you lovely lashers tried the nexcare tape?

I don't use it on every client but I do find it to work extremely well on clients who tear up and anyone who has sensitive or allergy prone skin.

Latest posts

Back