Eyelash extension help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martina O'Brien

Reaction score
Hi, I was trained last month but have found after 6 sets of lashes I'm still hitting nearly 4 hours! I'm too embarrassed to ask for any more clients because I shouldn't be taking this long. Has anyone any advice?
Also I find sometimes the lashes just won't stick and don't last a long time. Should I use a primer and which one?
I just received a table clampable magnifier lamp in hopes it will speed up application, has anyone tried one or glasses?

Hey I have the same problem I'm down to two hours but can't seem to see the lash to stick it too and my last case study said that the lashes fell off after a couple of days I have done 5 others who all seemed happy but haven't yet had a call to do them again!! I put an advert out to buy only one reply and that amounted to nothing, it's really disheartening as you just want to get good at it and earn some money, I'm sure with practice you'll bring your time down xx

All i can say is the more you do the quicker you get and buying a good fast setting glue will also help with ur speed, if you find there falling off theres a few things to decide one being is this her first set maybe the lash u lashed was at the end of its life( this cant be helped) are you setting it on the lash correctly so all the lash is stuck down and ur not leaving a small gap at the bottom of new lash ? again this could be ur glue check date on botte or how long it lasts once opened ? i bought a head and practise lashes to help me i also changed my glue to flirties ( i prefer this there are others) instead of a table magnifier i bought one that fits to my head this is easier to use and can be bought on ebay...... Please dont be disheartened the more u do the quicker u get....... good luck ladies xxxx

I'm not getting any customers either...just friends, it is really disheartening, especially with the cost of the course then all the extras you end up buying! X
Hey I have the same problem I'm down to two hours but can't seem to see the lash to stick it too and my last case study said that the lashes fell off after a couple of days I have done 5 others who all seemed happy but haven't yet had a call to do them again!! I put an advert out to buy only one reply and that amounted to nothing, it's really disheartening as you just want to get good at it and earn some money, I'm sure with practice you'll bring your time down xx

All i can say is the more you do the quicker you get and buying a good fast setting glue will also help with ur speed, if you find there falling off theres a few things to decide one being is this her first set maybe the lash u lashed was at the end of its life( this cant be helped) are you setting it on the lash correctly so all the lash is stuck down and ur not leaving a small gap at the bottom of new lash ? again this could be ur glue check date on botte or how long it lasts once opened ? i bought a head and practise lashes to help me i also changed my glue to flirties ( i prefer this there are others) instead of a table magnifier i bought one that fits to my head this is easier to use and can be bought on ebay...... Please dont be disheartened the more u do the quicker u get....... good luck ladies xxxx
Did you prefer the headset to the table magnifier? I haven't tried it out yet, only looked through it at a friends nails and was worried at how far away I had to get to actually be able to focus! Hope not to have wasted more money :( I just use the guest that came with my kit, it's from lashbase and I think the slowest setting, I'm afraid to get a quicker one because of irritation and if I set it down wrong! Also sometimes I do find that the bottom doesn't always stick to the base of the laser as well as being too far from the base because I'm scared of sticking it to the eyelid:/ x

I did my lash course last October and have been using a practice dummy. I found this ok. Then i practised on my mom and managed to get only 3 lashes to stick in half an hour! ive since been put off doing it as ive lost my confidence and would be embarrassed to take this long on a real client.
Has anyone got any advise regarding practising and getting quick?

I'm waiting on my headset coming. I had a magnifying lamp but when I set it up I found I couldn't even see them any better. I still haven't advertised foe clients as I don't want to be keeping them for 3 hours :(

I did a classic mink lash extension course last week and only got 1 hour to practice at the course. As you can imagine for my 1st time and with such a short amount of time I hardly got any on my partner. Today I practiced for the first time since and managed to do my first full set in just over 2 hours. However I feel like I did not get one on every lash, found isolation tricky and have no clue if I am applying correctly to the lash. I have attached a picture and would love to hear feedback from ye as I have nobody to check with x

Attachments

• 1473872702515.jpg
    1473872702515.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 151
I did a classic mink lash extension course last week and only got 1 hour to practice at the course. As you can imagine for my 1st time and with such a short amount of time I hardly got any on my partner. Today I practiced for the first time since and managed to do my first full set in just over 2 hours. However I feel like I did not get one on every lash, found isolation tricky and have no clue if I am applying correctly to the lash. I have attached a picture and would love to hear feedback from ye as I have nobody to check with x

Looking you haven't got all the lashes laying the same way some are falling to the side so looking criss crossed and there looks to be a lot of adhesive being used. Other thing is use a lamp when taking your photos you will be able to see clearer as its a tad hard to see the lashes correctly. When you've just trained you need to concentrate on you application and isolation first your speed will come with the more lashes you do. Can't believe a company only let you practise on your model.

Looking you haven't got all the lashes laying the same way some are falling to the side so looking criss crossed and there looks to be a lot of adhesive being used. Other thing is use a lamp when taking your photos you will be able to see clearer as its a tad hard to see the lashes correctly. When you've just trained you need to concentrate on you application and isolation first your speed will come with the more lashes you do. Can't believe a company only let you practise on your model.

Thanks @cazjp69 for your feedback, I need as much direction as possible. I completely agree with what you're saying about them falling to the side, crossing and the glue. I hope I can improve. I look at other professionals and their pictures and feel like I will never get to that stage! I was so disappointed too when I did the course, I thought we would bring our own model and at least get a chance to do a full set, but in the end after I paid we were told not to bring a model and on the day we were told we would only be applying 10 lashes and had an hour of practice. We didnt even cover aftercare. Thank god I have it in the notes though. I'm on my own really. I am confident that I am not applying to skin but I am not confident of the placement on the lash. I think I am applying too far from the lid and some of them are falling to the side x

Thanks @cazjp69 for your feedback, I need as much direction as possible. I completely agree with what you're saying about them falling to the side, crossing and the glue. I hope I can improve. I look at other professionals and their pictures and feel like I will never get to that stage! I was so disappointed too when I did the course, I thought we would bring our own model and at least get a chance to do a full set, but in the end after I paid we were told not to bring a model and on the day we were told we would only be applying 10 lashes and had an hour of practice. We didnt even cover aftercare. Thank god I have it in the notes though. I'm on my own really. I am confident that I am not applying to skin but I am not confident of the placement on the lash. I think I am applying too far from the lid and some of them are falling to the side x

Liz what area are you in I would seriously look at another course maybe some one to one with an accredited training company. I can recommend Flirties you get training, access to your trainer after the days training, work on a model and not just for a hour or put ten lashes on and you cover everything in your theory. Sometimes if you are using an extension which is too heavy or too long then your lash can twist.

That sounds really unprofessional. 10 eyelashes?! We were given an hour to do what we could on a live model, but as you can imagine, I only got about 15 on each eye. I really am struggling with my times and find isolation soooo difficult. I'm waiting on my magnifying glasses arriving and hopefully this will help xx

What size lashes would you recommend that? We were given 0.20mm but I think these are maybe a little too thick

Like it's been said before, it's all down to practice. Get some good quality glue that sets a bit quicker. Make sure you're not coating the lash extension in too much glue too. Isolation is hard but it comes with practice. Also make sure your client is laid close enough so you are comfortable and all of your kit is in close range and easy to get to.
I didn't charge for my first 20 or so clients. Experience is more valuable than anything at this stage. If you can't afford to practice on people for free, then ask for a minimal amount to cover products or a donation. It will come with time.

Also I would reccommend a 0.15 lash. Some companies do great flat lashes that look like .20 but aren't as heavy and as damaging xx

I was in the same situation about a year ago, the lashes weren't lasting and I was taking 3 hours +.

Like everyone else has said it really is patience and practice. Use a practice head and get used to holding the tweezers correctly and placing the lashes at the right angle.

I found Frankie Widdows on YouTube and she is incredible. Here's the link below, I learnt so much from just watching her tutorials.
Best of luck and keep positive!

Latest posts

Back