Eyelash extension issues

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taneeka

Reaction score
hello

I have recently trained in individual eyelash extensions and have been having trouble with technique.
I completely understand practice makes perfect, however I really do feel a little advice and tips would help.
I've been taught to alternate from one eye to the other , however I feel this slows me down and I have seen others do one eye at a time. What would you advise is the best way?

I've also noticed that the end result can sometimes look spidery and not as full as I would like them to look. I'm using B , C or D curls 0.15 or 0.20 thickness... Any tips?

Also, I'm having problems with finding a good quality supplier. Do you have any recommendations?

Thank you

As to quality, I've recently tried lashbase and so far I'm impressed so I definitely recommend them

As to technique, I do one eye at a time. By the time I finish the second the first one's glue is dry and I can start clearing it. It might take a few mins for the second to dry too though which is why I now use a glue activator. Speeds up the dry time.
This way however you need to really learn to map your eyes or you might find them lopsided when you finish. Marking the pads with a red pen is a tip I picked up and used a couple of times. It really helped at first on how to recognize where to change my lash size
But regardless of all these, I'd say the most important is your isolation technique. The spidery result comes from the lack of good isolation. You basically glue one lash to two or three, thus having fewer to work with. When I started I would take 1.30-2h for a full set, however they would be as you said spidery. Then I started isolating better and at first it would take me more time. I remember my first perfectly isolated set took me 3h! Which was a shock obv but I preferred to do a better job than rush myself. But as you said practice makes perfect and speed comes with experience.
I found using trays-instead of loose lashes- and a lash ring helped me with my technique as I would be able to pay attention to my tweezers instead of everything else. And try taping the upper lid as that too helps to better see and isolate the lashes
Just what I had handy off the top of my head. Hope I've helped enough.

As to quality, I've recently tried lashbase and so far I'm impressed so I definitely recommend them

As to technique, I do one eye at a time. By the time I finish the second the first one's glue is dry and I can start clearing it. It might take a few mins for the second to dry too though which is why I now use a glue activator. Speeds up the dry time.
This way however you need to really learn to map your eyes or you might find them lopsided when you finish. Marking the pads with a red pen is a tip I picked up and used a couple of times. It really helped at first on how to recognize where to change my lash size
But regardless of all these, I'd say the most important is your isolation technique. The spidery result comes from the lack of good isolation. You basically glue one lash to two or three, thus having fewer to work with. When I started I would take 1.30-2h for a full set, however they would be as you said spidery. Then I started isolating better and at first it would take me more time. I remember my first perfectly isolated set took me 3h! Which was a shock obv but I preferred to do a better job than rush myself. But as you said practice makes perfect and speed comes with experience.
I found using trays-instead of loose lashes- and a lash ring helped me with my technique as I would be able to pay attention to my tweezers instead of everything else. And try taping the upper lid as that too helps to better see and isolate the lashes

Awwww thank you very much for your reply. You've been a massive help. Will definitely have a look at lash base too!!!
Taping the upper lid is a brilliant idea, I started doing this the last view times and found it helps a lot.

May I just ask , what did you mean by 'clearing' the lashes once dried?

And I definitely think I need to isolate better as I find the extended lash tends to end up sticking to the natural lashes either side. Do you have any tips on how I can improve my isolating technique?
I was taught how to map, so I will try one eye at a time and see how I go.

Thank you once again for your time and advice.

I meant checking to see if you've glued any to the bottom lid or on the pad. It can easily happen if the upper lid is not drawn up. If yes you need to fix that. If not then move on to removing your pad and tape.
As to your isolating technique it's really trial and error. I found at first that it would help me isolate with both tweezers and then keep the natural lash with my straight while I apply my extension with my curved.

I meant checking to see if you've glued any to the bottom lid or on the pad. It can easily happen if the upper lid is not drawn up. If yes you need to fix that. If not then move on to removing your pad and tape.
As to your isolating technique it's really trial and error. I found at first that it would help me isolate with both tweezers and then keep the natural lash with my straight while I apply my extension with my curved.

Thank you , the advice given has been of great value. I will apply this to my practice and see how i go.

Take care x

Ould i
Use C CC or D
Silk lashes
0.15 weight
Flat lashes if you want a thick mascara effect without the weight.

The style rule is
Longer = Sparse
Shorter =Dense

Here are some lash maps to help.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=l..._AUICigC&biw=360&bih=524#imgrc=UdMlwUFMe-5PsM:
could i ask how you tap the lid?x

Latest posts

Back