Eyelash extension longevity help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Le711

Reaction score
Hi, I recently qualified and have done 6 sets so far but only 1 set has lasted over a week? The lashes seem to just come away after a couple of days? I'm using FX Fairy fix adhesive but have just bought flirties ashesive, primer and sealant. Also a nano mister to help.
Is there anything other than the glue that could be the reason for the lashes coming off? It's really disheartening when it takes 2+ hours to apply them and they look smashing but just don't seem to last!
Any advice is welcome, please!

Hi, I recently qualified and have done 6 sets so far but only 1 set has lasted over a week? The lashes seem to just come away after a couple of days? I'm using FX Fairy fix adhesive but have just bought flirties ashesive, primer and sealant. Also a nano mister to help.
Is there anything other than the glue that could be the reason for the lashes coming off? It's really disheartening when it takes 2+ hours to apply them and they look smashing but just don't seem to last!
Any advice is welcome, please!

I know when this happened to me I wasn't adhering to the base all the way. We use only D curls and I have learned to grab more in the center of the lash. Also I wasn't using enough glue and it wasn't close enough to the base. These were things I learned that I was doing erong. Another thing is some glues must be left in a sealed bag and/or refrigerated but the company usually informs you when you order it. I hope this helps!

hi! Just so you know, you are going to learn so much. There is so much trial and error. I thought I knew a lot about eyelash extensions and when I go back 4 to 5 years ago, I can't believe how little I knew then. That being said...don't be discouraged. Everyone goes through things like this at the beginning. :)))
What diameter are you using? I always want to give my clients the thicker one BUT now I see most people have very fine lashes. If you use extensions . (20/.25 or higher) there is a chance the extensions are too heavy for the clients natural lashes to take on. The natural lashes will break off with the extensions so not only will the natural lashes break, they will break way too early.
I agree with @Melanie Hicks! The adhesive is huge. I've never used FX Fairy fix so I don't know the quality but I've used ULBON adhesive by BLINK. (I used faux mink lashes by BLINK too) AWESOME product
I wanted to give everyone a D curl b/c the lash flips up like you used mascara or an eyelash curler. I quickly realized how much longer it takes to get the lash to bind with the natural lash if the clients natural lash goes out straight. The extensions can turn a little to the right or left AND both the natural and extension don't completely lay down with eachother. (if that makes any sense)
The rule of thumb is no water or anything should be applied to the eyes. A lot of clients will say they didn't use mascara (most has oil in it), washes their face in the shower.
Are you using the same person to practice on? I have a lot of clients that sleep on their stomach. If you are a rough sleeper and the side of your face is smack down in the pillow, lashes tend to fall out faster.
LASTLY! hahahaha I just bought the nano mister. I CAN'T believe I didnt know about this lovely gem. My mentor said not using the mister is like not using a LED lamp after you get shellac or gel nails. It literally seals the deal! I HOPE this works the way the reviews and websites say it does. The word "WATERPROOF" is a word being thrown around alot with this nano mister. I have a client today at 2 and I'll be poppin my nano mister cherry!! lol WISH ME LUCK!!
Elizabeth
(Lizy's Lashes on fb) or instagram https://instagram.com/lizyslashes/

Thank you for this advice!
Iv not done many only about 10 pairs now but it seems to be worse now Iv changed to flirties glue! Iv only really been doing them on friends & when I changed I did a infill on a set is prev done and they had lasted really well but once I applied the new ones she rang me after about a week n said they had all come off!!! I'm completely lost not sure what to do now feel like giving up!
I'm constantly looking online to see other peoples techniques but I seem to be doing it the same. It's extreamly frustrating....
Thank you I'll have a look at your insta page xxx

Lash and brow company glue is amazing ( 6-7weeks retention 1-2 second drying time , minimal fumes) most of my clients after 2 weeks are still so full! X

I love Flirties I use ultra mostly

Make sure you are priming the lashes correctly prior to application! If there is a lot of excess oil before hand the glue won't set and create a lasting bond!

Don't loose hope & keep practicing! ;)

It can be down to humidity, if you are using ultra its probably drying to quickly in high humidity, use expert in high humidity, and when it's low ultra is fine, I just bought myself hydrometer from Amazon to tell you about humidity temperature, plus if your new ultra Is really fast drying so maybe you need slower one. Hope this helps

I know when this happened to me I wasn't adhering to the base all the way. We use only D curls and I have learned to grab more in the center of the lash. Also I wasn't using enough glue and it wasn't close enough to the base. These were things I learned that I was doing erong. Another thing is some glues must be left in a sealed bag and/or refrigerated but the company usually informs you when you order it. I hope this helps!
1. Check the humidity in the room s/b 45 - 55% if its too humid you may need to invest in a humidifyer. 2. Make sure you shake you glue WELL. 3. Did you use primer. 4. Be sure to have your lash set at the base. 5. I don't refridgerate my adhesive because it causes condensation in the bottle. 6. Make sure your guest isn't using an oil based makeup remover. 7. Even hair conditioner and hot shower water can be the culprit. I ask my guests to try not to let it run down their face in the shower.
I could go on, but I've got a guest coming! Hope that helps

what is the best glue for humid climates?

Did you ever find you got better at retention? This is literally my problem right now!

Latest posts

Back