Eyelash extension questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel-lashes

Reaction score
I recently trained in eyelash ectensions and i have practiced on 6 people but its taking hours which means it is not goingvto be financially viable....my training was not the bestvso i have a few questions please help if you can xx
1 do we put a lash on every single natural lash?
2 if so why do i hear so much about technicians charging different rates for different amount of lashes aapplied if that makes sence some apply 80 some 120.
3 is it only the lash extension that's visible so we can create what ever look the client wants and if so then surely we cant be doing each of the nstural lashes as then would we not just be enhancing what they already have i hope that makes sence any tips and help to reduce my times greatly received please xx

Hi, I trained in lashes and you will always here something different from everyone as I have found. Each lash tech will probably tell you something different on how many to cover, how many to put on and what to charge. With lashes its all about practicing, to increase your timing, it also depends on what type of lashes you are doing, 40's flicks, classics, volume to the amount of time you are taking to do a set. I personally say you should put an extension on every lash the person has if it is a full set, but someone else might say different. I hope that helps xx

thanks for reply i am only doing classic individual eyelash extensions and find 3 hours is just way to long the lady who does mine takes 1 hour and only trained in May surely she cant be doing every lash?? but they look fab lol what can i do if i dont do every lash which ones should i NOT do or should i do every single lash and just keep practicing im about to give up i think i cant afford to retrain and the training course was rubbish no support nothing

So I've been doing lashes for nearly a year now and I can do a full set in an hour this is doing classic individual lashes, it just takes time and practicing. The more you do it the better you will get and you will speed up your time. I know people who have been doing it for a few years and when I told them how long I take they were shocked and said it takes them 3 hours to get the best look. (basically saying my work was pants) everyone has their own opinion. I have regular customers so I know they're happy with my work. Maybe get a cheap set of lashes and just practice if you don't want to waste good product or just practice on friends and family x

ok so its just practice then im not doing anything wrong?? I should be doing every lash? i have now run out of friends and family to practice on lol i dont know what to do i dont feel my training was up to much an now im stuck thanks tho x ps the ones i have done loved them i just get anxious when they are there for so long its not going to pay well if im charging £30 for 3 hours work lol xx

Without seeing your work I can say you're doing anything wrong, I doubt you are, it does just take time. Maybe get a mannequin to practice on if you don't have anyone else to do it on xx

Latest posts

Back