Eyelash extension tips/help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Byhan97

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I’ve recently just trained in classic eyelash extensions and the training that I did was not very good at all. I’ve got my certificates but I received no help whilst doing this course so I have had to watch YouTube videos etc.

Does anyone have any tips on isolating as this is what I find a pain? are there any tweezers out there which are easier to use? I’m looking at buying nano tweezers Xd iso50 tweezers on eyelash emporium.

What sets of lashes would you recommend I have as staples in my kit? Including curl and size etc.

Thank you for your help!

Hannah
Xoxo

sorry to hear that your training was not very good. Its a shame as the training is so important when you are setting out in a new venture.
Can you go back to your trainer and ask for help?
Tweezers are very personal and everyone has got their own favourite. I personally dont get on with X-type tweezers and isolate with angled tweezers but other therapists prefer straight tweezers for isolating. Its a bit trial and error what works for you and how you feel most comfortable. Maybe try holding the tweezers higher or lower or even with different fingers as that can all make a huge difference. It is important not to tense up as that can get very uncomfortable over time and cause shoulder and neck problems too x

Try to go back to your trainer and take the class again that's what I did. I mean after all they are putting their name on your training...anyway I did a few people first before I went back to train again and WOW I had lots of questions and learned more.
Invest in a heated lash curler that helps get the lash to lay better so you can isolate easier. Depending on the client though some lashes are just so hard to do. Isolation can be very difficult especially when little tiny lashes pop up in the way right when you're ready to place a lash. My biggest thing to say is just keep going, keep going....place more and more lashes and they start to look really good. Isolation is hard and different for Every client. I charge full price from the start don't undersale yourself. But if clients have a problem I tell them to contact me asap. Also make sure they are using "Micellar" to clean lashes not soap. I now retail it so they have no excuses

Latest posts

Back