Eyelash extensions and eye infection

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JemimaFox

Reaction score
Just had a client leave a message asking us to call her as she has an eye infection and lash extensions (by us) on.

Not sure if she is calling to ask to have them removed or going to think its our fault as haven't been able to get hold of her.

Anyway, she last had a top up about 2.5 weeks ago so don't see why it would be our fault? We always sterilise our tools etc.

Anyone experienced this before?
Hopefully she is just calling to get advice on removal, but I'm guessing we would need to wait for the infection to clear.

Hi I have lash extensions by lash perfect and my eyes in the morning are always slightly gunky (gross I know!) I wouldn't blame the lashes or you I just think when you have them maybe your more prone to it as your lashes are longer maybe they hold more dust etc which falls into your eyes?!
I wouldn't say it was you at all it's more than likely to be a coincidence

Hi I have lash extensions by lash perfect and my eyes in the morning are always slightly gunky (gross I know!) I wouldn't blame the lashes or you I just think when you have them maybe your more prone to it as your lashes are longer maybe they hold more dust etc which falls into your eyes?!
I wouldn't say it was you at all it's more than likely to be a coincidence

Thanks, especially after 2 and a half weeks have passed since she last had them!
I just like to worry I think lol :-/

If you're sure your tools are clean then it's not your fault. Many clients with extensions just don't wash their eyes at all because they think they can't get them wet (when we only tell them you can't til the adhesive cures) so it's more likely their own fault if an infection occurs. Also might've happened regardless of her having extensions you just don't know.

Just ask her what her doctor has said and let her know how long she needs to wait before she can have lashes done again etc. x

Latest posts

Back