Eyelash extensions and mascara

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M00min

Reaction score
Hi

I haven't come across this yet, but want to be prepared! If I get a make up client that has eyelash extensions, would I need to use a special mascara on them? If yes, are such clients likely to have their own? Thanks x

I sometimes find that clients like to use a little mascara just before a fill as they sometimes get little gaps. But i was told that any non-waterproof mascara is absolutely fine, and not to apply to the base of the lashes just the tips xxx

Oil free mascara ive been told, and also dont use waterproof

Hello,

Yes you should use a mascara specially formulated for lash extensions and nothing waterproof. You also should not use any oil based make-up removers as these will disolve the glue that keeps the extensions on! Just a damp cotton wool pad. Some companies also supply oil free make up removers to sell to clients which is really good.
x

I tell my clients not to wear mascara on extensions. There really is no need and those clients that ignore my advice invariably turn up for their infills with blobs of mascara stuck in their lashes :(
I do sell mascara, but i advise clients to use this just for the bottom lashes.

hi

last week i done my course in lash extensions (how hard!!)

anyway we managed to put a few on each other, we were told about only using a waterbased mascara and make up remover. and only mascara on the tips.

i had to use my mascara as only had a few lashes on so not enough not to, it has been 6 days and now Ive only got a couple of lashes left on each eye, would this be bacause of the mascara or would it be the technique of the newbie.

the reason i ask this is that alot of people think the price for lashes is expensive so to add another £20 on top if they have to use that mascara will just discourage them I think. Is there a high street brand of mascara that would be suitable.
my eye make-up remover is the "simple" brand which says no oils, perfumes blah blah blah so thought that would be ok. do you think that is ok to use.

sorry for all the questions but its all new to me.

hi

last week i done my course in lash extensions (how hard!!)

anyway we managed to put a few on each other, we were told about only using a waterbased mascara and make up remover. and only mascara on the tips.

i had to use my mascara as only had a few lashes on so not enough not to, it has been 6 days and now Ive only got a couple of lashes left on each eye, would this be bacause of the mascara or would it be the technique of the newbie.

the reason i ask this is that alot of people think the price for lashes is expensive so to add another £20 on top if they have to use that mascara will just discourage them I think. Is there a high street brand of mascara that would be suitable.
my eye make-up remover is the "simple" brand which says no oils, perfumes blah blah blah so thought that would be ok. do you think that is ok to use.

sorry for all the questions but its all new to me.

LOL sorry hun, your loss of lashes is most likely due to the fact that when you are training you are more unlikely to have 100% bonding meaning you will lose them quickly, using mascarra with only a few on probably wouldnt have made any difference whatsoever, also dont forget if the lashes were applied to the longer natural lash you may have been ready to lose those lashes anyway. I dont know if there is a high street brand mascara, none of my clients have ever needed to wear mascara over there lashes, once you have a full set on there really is no need for it. Simple makeup remover is perfect and would not have affected your lashes, of course if you had rubbed them whilst removing your mascara that is a different matter. Anyway hope that helps, get yourself a full set of lashes from someone who is more experienced and see how well they last :0)) Good luck, and yes it is hard at the beginning, just keep practising :hug:

There will always be a client who swears that she doesnt wear mascara on her ELE's - as you get more experienced you will realise that she actually does wear mascara - she piles it on over your beautiful work of art even though you have given her the darkest and thickest of ELE's her natural lashes can take.

Some people just cannot live without mascara - if you have clients like these then the best advice I can give you is to make sure they are using the correct products. The mascara MUST NOT be waterproof, it must be oil free and it should be ELE friendly. If you are one of the people above then we stock a mascara just for you!
Hypnotic Lashes - Volume Up Mascara

If your clients are happy to admit that they are wearing mascara, then do the smartest thing you can and educate them on how to clean their ELE properly.
Baby shampoo and water 2-3 times a week. They run the risk of getting eye infections or worse Blepharitis if they are not educated.

HYPNOTIC LASHES TEAM
Hypnotic Lashes - Home-

Oil free mascara ive been told, and also dont use waterproof

Yes, I do agree. Most of the people I work with woud rather ue Sally's Oil Free Mascara. It also helps for hot summer days because I find that the oil base runs surprisingly so.I'm like "WTF?!? IT'S NOT SUPPOSE TO RUN!!!" But the extentions ARE fake hair so it carries heat fast and make a oil base mascara run. And the water proof flake even (When the air is dry&hot)

Yay!!!,
By:Zazie

Latest posts

Back