Eyelash extensions - clients that blink!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LieLash

Reaction score
Hey everyone

Been doing lash extensions for nearly a year now but wondered if anyone had done good ideas for overcoming the problems associated with clients that blink or move their eyes a lot,
Had two new ladies in the last week that despite eyes being shut over pads - do a blink action which seems to pull the lashes in on themselves and results in freshly applied lashes being pushed out of position. It also causes the pads to constantly be moved resulting in some bottom lashes escaping and having to constantly re position the pads.
On the whole most ladies don't have this problem but wondered if anyone had some great ideas to prevent this - ie taping eyes etc????

Taping instead of pads does help the constant jittering eye. I find that those who do this- its a reaction to the eye pad too close for them to the eye. Most of the time if I tape then put the eye pad lower it helps.

Taping instead of pads does help the constant jittering eye. I find that those who do this- its a reaction to the eye pad too close for them to the eye. Most of the time if I tape then put the eye pad lower it helps.

Do you not find that the tape is a bit too sticky and can tug at bottom lashes when removing - even if de - tacked on the back of the hand first. I purchased another tape for eyelashes but found it didn't stick at all x

I tend to put a very small amount of Vaseline where I am going to place the tape, as you would if you were tinting, then place tape and thn place the pads slightly lower, a couple of centimetres away from the lash line, I use the pads aswell because I jst like to lol, if you can do without the pads then just tape x

I tend to put a very small amount of Vaseline where I am going to place the tape, as you would if you were tinting, then place tape and thn place the pads slightly lower, a couple of centimetres away from the lash line, I use the pads aswell because I jst like to lol, if you can do without the pads then just tape x

Will def use pads too - thanks for the advice x

Hey everyone

Been doing lash extensions for nearly a year now but wondered if anyone had done good ideas for overcoming the problems associated with clients that blink or move their eyes a lot,
Had two new ladies in the last week that despite eyes being shut over pads - do a blink action which seems to pull the lashes in on themselves and results in freshly applied lashes being pushed out of position. It also causes the pads to constantly be moved resulting in some bottom lashes escaping and having to constantly re position the pads.
On the whole most ladies don't have this problem but wondered if anyone had some great ideas to prevent this - ie taping eyes etc????

Have you tried to put the gel pad on the top of the eyelid as well. Sometimes the weight of the gel pad eases the blinking :wink2:.

Hey everyone

I usually just gently take control of the situation by asking them to please try their best to not blink, even though I appreciate it may be hard for some people, but it will control the overall look of their lashes if they keep blinking and fidgeting too much. Sometimes I have to remind them several times,but say it in a controlling but friendly way so as not to offend. I also use micro pore tape to place around the eyes to control it more. One other thing I do is put on some relaxation music for my fidgety clients and tell them, please feel free to sleep if you want too as many people do and give a cheeky giggle... It usually works!

I find clients twitch or blink more if I mention it. I generally find chatting to clients can help as usually it's a nervous thing. Although if clients have high cheekbones then chatting is impossible! But it usually only takes a couple of minutes, just to take their mind off it and then they settle :)

Latest posts

Back