Eyelash extensions falling out after 2 days

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amyelliex

Reaction score
I hope it's ok for me to post this here as I'm not a beauty therapist but I really need some advice from professionals. I had a full set of lashes applied on Thursday and they looked gorgeous and I was really pleased. Since then I've been careful not to touch them and I've been cleansing around my eyes and facing away from the shower so not to get them wet, consciously sleeping on my back etc.

well today I noticed that my lashes are slowly starting to fall out (not my natural lashes though) and some lashes have gone straggly and seem to be poking the wrong way and hanging off my own lash. I emailed another lash therapist that is a friend of a friend and she said that they were really bad and that they shouldn't look like that and I need to demand a full refund! She also said I'd have none left this time next week. :( now I personally don't think they're too awful but I'm also quite upset because they aren't exactly fresh looking and I spent a lot of money on them. Now I know many people may not like this post because I've seen beauty therapists say they've had complaints and the general reply is 'the client is at fault don't refund' but I'm really upset and don't know how to go go about this further, I've also took the utmost care with my lashes as I wanted them to last a very long time. I also really liked the girl who did my lashes and I don't want to insult her or cause bad tension, but I'm really not happy with things and I don't know how to approach it...

I've been taking pictures day by day so hopefully if it gets worse she can help me out somehow, it's just so very expensive and I don't want to have to pay again to sort them out.

Hi have you followed all the correct aftercare advice?
Even a small amount of cream, liquid eyeliner can debond them?
If you can hand on your heart say that you have then the best way forward is to ask the girl who put them on to have a look at them in person. You really should go back where you got them done rather than asking around.

Your original tech will be able to best advise what has happened and if there is a service or product breakdown she may repair the problem lashes.
It's not usual to get a refund on these matters, and if it is a product or service problem that is evident very early on afterwards.
If you are actually at the 2-3 week infil timeframe then you are likely to have normal shedding and just need your maintenance infills which is normal service and is usually charged for.
Good luck

Hi have you followed all the correct aftercare advice?
Even a small amount of cream, liquid eyeliner can debond them?
If you can hand on your heart say that you have then the best way forward is to ask the girl who put them on to have a look at them in person. You really should go back where you got them done rather than asking around.

Your original tech will be able to best advise what has happened and if there is a service or product breakdown she may repair the problem lashes.
It's not usual to get a refund on these matters, and if it is a product or service problem that is evident very early on afterwards.
If you are actually at the 2-3 week infil timeframe then you are likely to have normal shedding and just need your maintenance infills which is normal service and is usually charged for.
Good luck

Thank you for your advice. No I have not used any eyeliner or cream, they've only been on 2 days and I was conscious of the adhesive taking 48 hours to dry, the only thing I have done is brush them with the brush my tech provided and this was when I noticed they were getting straggly.

I will contact the girl who put them on originally on Monday if necessary I just don't want to upset her, I'm really not into confrontation.

Thanks again.

Do you also wear mascara and have you used an oil based or water based cleanser around your eyes?

Just trying to clarify what might have happened.

If none of these, then it could be she used old glue or the wrong type of glue, etc.

Definitely go back and ask and don't leave it too long.

Do you also wear mascara and have you used an oil based or water based cleanser around your eyes?

Just trying to clarify what might have happened.

If none of these, then it could be she used old glue or the wrong type of glue, etc.

Definitely go back and ask and don't leave it too long.

No I have not worn any mascara and I cleanse around my eyes with baby wipes but above the brow line and below my cheek bone. My lashes hadn't got wet and I followed the aftercare scrupulously because I wanted them to last.

I now (6 days later) have hardly any false lashes left, but I contacted my tech who has offered to relash them free of charge tomorrow. I hope that this will help! She was very nice about it so hopefully they won't fall out again, but I'm seriously at a loss to what I could have done differently to prevent this. Oh well fingers crossed this will be the end of it now.

Have u rubbed your eyes maybe in your sleep this will ruin them . I would ask wat glue make etc as some are really good others not very good . I swim rub make up cream the lot and nothing makes mine come off xx

Latest posts

Back