SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kassy Jackson

Reaction score
Hi all I’m new to eyelash extensions and was wondering what is best to use under the eye Gel pads or Tape. I like the pads however I find after a little while they start to lift and then become completely useless. Because I’m a little slow at the moment I need something that will stay in place for the whole treatment.

Has anyone got any good tips when it comes to isolating the bottom lashes from the top?

Thanks x

I would try placing the pad 1mm away from the lash line (gel pads can leak causing irritation to the wet/water line). Then using tape over the top of the pad to keep the small hairs on the bottom away from the top lashes? Does that makes sense? You have the gel there for protection and comfort but the tape over it to keep it all in place??

I first use two bits of tape on each eye to hold the lashes down and then a gel pad on top for comfort when leaning tweezers on it.

Pull up the top lid a little when applying the tape to separate the top and bottom lashes.
Make sure you’ve got all the bottom lashes in even if you accidentally tape down some top lashes. Then you can go along and pull every top lash out afterwards, leaving the bottom ones in place.

I do the same as JCH :)

Is it not really painful pulling tape off the lashes again ?

I am the same, I would apply tape first so that you can secure the little wrigglers that always try to escape and then the gel pads on top. It also means you can place the gel pad a bit further away from the eye x

Is it not really painful pulling tape off the lashes again ?

Remove some of the tape’s stickiness by sticking it to the back of your client’s santitised hand a couple of times first.

Remove some of the tape’s stickiness by sticking it to the back of your client’s santitised hand a couple of times first.
Ok ill give that ago thanks

Latest posts

Back