SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeupbyhannah

Makeup By Hannah
Reaction score
Hiya, i was qualified in November 2018 and have been doing lashes since. I started off with the marvel eyelash glue and the results were amazing! Lashes were lasting up to 5 weeks! Then all of a sudden after a few weeks clients were messaging me saying they were waking up with the lashes all over their face and that they werent even lasting a week! I trsted it again on my mum as it lasted on her the time before and this time it didnt work! I then decided to buy a new glue (lash base glue) and had mixed reviews about this one. Some were lasting and others not. It was like a 50/50 split which couldnt be right! I went through all the aftercare with all my clients and to especially avoid oils etc. If peoples were lasting then they werent lasting as long as thiers did with the marvel lash glue beforenit went funny. So i decided to buy another and the same thing happened! My new glue is an AH Francis master lash glue which so far is working better. I am storing it in a cool dry cupboard , whereas before i would leave my glues on the side by my station, and it is not inside a vacuum sealed tub. So far so good with this new glue! However my only concern is that it never stings the eyes on my xlients, non of mt glues ever have and this new one is what i have when i go to my lash tech and always stings me eyes. I worry that be ause it doesnt sting does it mean its not working? I just need some help xxx

I know you are only new to the world of lashes but you need to keep an eye on your room conditions. I cant pass comment on marvellash or AH francis but all adhesives contain Cyanoacrylate and as such will react to temperature and humidity fluctuations. At the moment most rooms have got a very low humidity and during the night the room might also be cold which will affect your adhesive. Maybe have a chat with AH Francis as they can advise better on that particular adhesive but it is very likely that your room conditions will be the reason for the poor retention at the moment

Yes it definitely depends on the brand of glue and their specific humidity/temp requirements! Get a humidity monitor (like $11 on Amazon) and a humidifier so you can keep where ever yu store your glue at the right levels. My studio used a mini fridge but the glue i use now doesn't need to be in fridge. Also change your glue monthly

Latest posts

Back