Eyelash extensions going wrong!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForYou

Reaction score
Heya,

I have been reading over soon many posts over the few days for advice but everything I do just doesn't seem to work. I have done about 6 sets of lashes and no one is getting past a week without them falling out!! This is really disheartening for me as I enjoy doing them but the fact that they aren't lasting is making me feel crap.

I have tried flirties sensitive and ultra glue and both are giving the same results. I recently bought a hygrometer and humidifier as my room was too dry and still this hasn't made a difference. I prep the lashes correctly although is it an issue if I am using a different brand of eye make up remover and primer to the glue that I use?

What can I do to improve? I attach from the base so I am just lost and in need of advice!!

Please help

Attachments

• Emma's eyelashes.jpg
    Emma's eyelashes.jpg
    933.5 KB · Views: 191
  • Adele's lashes.jpg
    Adele's lashes.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 129
Depending on what's in the eye make up remover it could possibly affect adhesion. What one are you using?

Are you giving clients enough info on aftercare?x

I am using my lash oil free make up remover. That is who I trained with.

Yeah, I am giving them aftercare. I tell them it's normal for them to loose maybe 2-3 lashes a day due to the natural lash cycle but they shouldn't all be falling out. I mean u never really know what clients do with their eyes after they leave do you. But it must be me.

What glue do you use?

the 2 most important things to help retention are preparation and application. If your prep is good ie good cleansing and priming, and using correct products it may be your application. Who did you train with? If you have only recently qualified, your trainer should still be available to give you feedback. I would certainly be giving my students feedback after only 6 sets

Ask your clients if the extension is dropping off on it's own or if there is a natural lash attached. This is an important question.

A lot of new lashers lash the longest lashes as they are easy to isolate. But these lashes are at the end of their life and are ready to shed so extensions on these will never last more than a week or two. It is ok to lash them as part of a full set. But if you are MAINLY only lashing these lashes because you are new and not getting as many on, this will be a real issue for you as they will all be off very quickly x

the 2 most important things to help retention are preparation and application. If your prep is good ie good cleansing and priming, and using correct products it may be your application. Who did you train with? If you have only recently qualified, your trainer should still be available to give you feedback. I would certainly be giving my students feedback after only 6 sets

Ask your clients if the extension is dropping off on it's own or if there is a natural lash attached. This is an important question.

A lot of new lashers lash the longest lashes as they are easy to isolate. But these lashes are at the end of their life and are ready to shed so extensions on these will never last more than a week or two. It is ok to lash them as part of a full set. But if you are MAINLY only lashing these lashes because you are new and not getting as many on, this will be a real issue for you as they will all be off very quickly x

Omg this makes more sense to me now. Yes, I am definitely lashing on the longer lashes as I am unsure if I should even touch the baby ones as they are so small and may not be able to take the weight.

I train with MYLash last year August. I wasn't required to do a certain amount of sets before I could get a certificate or anything. It was just a one day course and that's it. I haven't tried to contact anyone from there but I will try. In regards to your question that you said to ask, which one is worse? If their natural lash is coming off what does that mean and if it isn't what does that mean?

Also do you have any tips for really curly or crooked lashes?

If the natural lash is attached, this means you have either attached to an old lash that was ready to shed or you have used an extension that was too heavy and has led to the natural lash prematurely shedding.

If the extension has come off on it's own, this is an problem with your application or lack of prep.

I have a bit of an issue with one day courses as no one can learn to lash in a day and cover troubleshooting etc As you have found yourself, it is not until you are lashing a variety of real clients that you start to see different issues and this is when companies who look for you to do case studies and offer follow up training really come into their own.

Curly and crooked lashes are another thing altogether!! LOL Have you considered doing a conversion course or a follow up course with someone? If you are serious about lashing, these can be really worthwhile.

Right ok! You are saving my life right about now lool.

The course wasn't that bad and they gave me a really good booklet with information but I understand what you mean. No, I haven't thought of that do you recommend anywhere?

I do actually really enjoy it but it's jas just been getting me down but I am going to keep not trying.

Can I ask what glue do you use? I am thinking of trying lash base.

Well, obviously I would recommend Flirties for training. Not because I am an educator with them but because I genuinely believe their training/trainers and on going support is the best there is.

You can contact them to ask who your nearest trainer is and they'll be happy just to chat so see what would work best for you.

Last week, I went to see a lasher who trained with us a year ago but she had just lost her lashing mojo. I was happy to go and sit with her for a few hours to help her find it again.

And I really DO use Flirties glue as well x

Last edited:
Ahhh ok :) I will look into it.

Maybe I won't give up on their glue yet and just try and apply to more of the newer lashes lol. thanks so much for your help and advice.

Just wondering when it comes to priming? I use the flirties primer and just coat them lightly in it, do I need to dry them off at all, so that they are not wet when I go to put the extension on? Xx

Latest posts

Back