Eyelash extensions help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerry0875

Reaction score
I went on a training course a couple of weeks ago now and found it soooo hard! I felt very frustrated during the training and felt like walking out lol. It is so fiddly, my eyes were streaming, I was struggling to focus and could I get the lashes on! 3 hours later I had about 6 lashes on!! I realise I have to practice but I havnt 3 hours to spare at a time!!! I was hoping to start offering the treatment straight away at an introductory offer but honestly who is going to pay for 6 lashes in 3 hours!!! Is it that I am just not cut out for this or have I just got to practice loads???? Any advice appreciated xx

I went on a training course a couple of weeks ago now and found it soooo hard! I felt very frustrated during the training and felt like walking out lol. It is so fiddly, my eyes were streaming, I was struggling to focus and could I get the lashes on! 3 hours later I had about 6 lashes on!! I realise I have to practice but I havnt 3 hours to spare at a time!!! I was hoping to start offering the treatment straight away at an introductory offer but honestly who is going to pay for 6 lashes in 3 hours!!! Is it that I am just not cut out for this or have I just got to practice loads???? Any advice appreciated xx

Practice for no more than 2 hours at a time, so you don't get too frustrated or tired. It will get better, but when you've done about 40-50 sets, you should be getting decent amounts on.

Make sure your client/model lies still and doesn't talk, as this can hinder you getting lashes on.

Practice is the only answer for lashes - Good Luck!

I know how you feel, by far the hardest treatment I've tried mastering. When I need inspiration and a pick me up I go on the 'Show me your lashes thread' and see how lovely lashes can be and one day I can create such lashes! I set 2hours for a treatment and get on as many as I can in that time, any longer I get frusrated! You need good tweezers, light and glue. What is the bit taking you so long? My glue is my downfall and need faster drying glue. Don't give up as in the long run it'll be worth it and you can create beautiful lashes like the geeks have on here :) xx

Hi guys I'm exactly the same. I came away from training happy but then went to practice on my mum and wanted to jack it all in! I've since only done two more sets but already im noticing a difference so it really is practice.
And I've been doing that too, stopping after 2 hours. Or maybe offer whoever you're practicing in, a short break so you can both get some air x

I felt exactly the same it's a really hard treatment to master and not something that you can make money from straight away, I ve been doing it for approx 7 months only on family and friends & feel only ready now to offer to the general public. I ve seen so many bad sets where lashes are clumped with glue I wanted to be sure I was offering a first class service.

If you have enough people to practice on a week you may get there quicker, I was only doing it 2 days a week a couple of hours at a time, I found even family and friends expectations were high even though I was only covering the cost of materials !! A good glue is essential as are your tools the main thing I found was isolation of lashes that's the hard part but honestly one day it will come and you will think I am glad I stuck with it, its so nice now to see an end result I created ! Good luck Hun keep at it, this site is the best for morale support x

service

Hi Hun don't feel disheartened I was exactly same I went to Hollywood lashes and got about 4 on while I was there I came home And said to my friends im just not cut out for it but they made me do their lashes I did 3 sets of lashes free and then started charging at first it took me 3 hours then down to 2 so just practice on a few patient people! Even now I get half way thru and think im never Gunna get these done but it all falls together :) I charge £35 mobile which is alot cheaper than £60-£70 in salons so people don't min paying it :) hope this helps and just keep practicing xx

just out of interest, did you get your certificate at the end of your day course? The certificate that means you have passed your course and are allowed to get insurance for the treatment and operate on paying clients? :biggrin:

I would definately contact your trainer and ask for some follow up training, just to give you a bit of extra help xx

This treatment is an amazing treatment to provide, but it really is a skill and you would need practice before letting loose on paying clients lol.

My trainees dont get qualified until they have proved they can apply at least 30lashes in 2 hours, all of them achieve this and much more, but the course I run is a 2 day course 1 day 1 week apart with practice in between.

Please contact your trainer for additional tutoring xx

Thankyou all for your kind words of encouragement :hug:
My trainer was lovely and I had one to one as I was the only one booked on the course that day! She did say she doesn't pass everyone but felt with practice and some confidence I would be great! I think it took me so long with eyelash separation and my eyes were streaming! Probably unrealistic of me to think I could do the training one day and be offering the treatment the next day :|
I will get practicing, thanks guys :Love:

Latest posts

Back