Eyelash extensions help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murphy01

Reaction score
I recently did a course in eyelash extensions. Had my first practice yesterday and overall it went well. My only struggle was every now and then my tweezers got sticky from the glue and towards the end I was struggling to drop the lash extension onto the natural lash because the extension was stuck to the tweezers. I had to keep stopping to dip them in the barbacide and try scraping them clean. Only got the 2 pairs of tweezers that came on my kit. Any advice would be much appreciated?! At the college I trained at they had about 8 sets of tweezers in soak so you could change constantly but I don't want to go out and spend more money on tweezers if there's a better solution. Could work out expensive to purchase lots of sets. Thank you in advance.

You can use remover wipes or also saloncide on your tweezers as it can sometimes be adhesive or also static and it will help a lot.

As you progress you will end up having less adhesive on the tweezers and you can work through a set without problems but the saloncide spray is fabulous in between clients too x

Brilliant, thank you, I'll give saloncide a try!

Is it safe to wipe with acetone too?

I personally wouldnt as the saloncide is really quick and efficient and works in seconds and there is no need to rinse of etc.
You can get the saloncide as spray and also wipes and it is also safe to wipe surfaces x

I personally wouldnt as the saloncide is really quick and efficient and works in seconds and there is no need to rinse of etc.
You can get the saloncide as spray and also wipes and it is also safe to wipe surfaces x

I've already got Barbacide is this same sort of thing? I had my tweezers sitting in barbacide during the treatment but it didn't remove the stickiness.

If you keep your tweezers in barbecide you need to rinse/wipe when you take them out and it can make the tips go blunt. Some therapists are using cotton wool in the jar but there is councils who dont allow that now for health and safety reasons.

If it is adhesive making the tweezers sticky you can use the debonder and then clean the tweezers afterwards x

If you keep your tweezers in barbecide you need to rinse/wipe when you take them out and it can make the tips go blunt. Some therapists are using cotton wool in the jar but there is councils who dont allow that now for health and safety reasons.

If it is adhesive making the tweezers sticky you can use the debonder and then clean the tweezers afterwards x

Thank you that's really helpful x

I was taught to file my tweezers with a nail file, scrapes the glue off

Just use the remover gel works in a few seconds and wipe clean. Someone already said with practice and time you won't need to do this so don't worry keep going x

I wouldn’t file your tweezers I would buy some extra tweezers and have a couple of spare sets, you never know if you’re going to drop them too.

If you have a small container of acetone you can dip or soak the tip of the tweezers in it to stop the glue sticking. Just wipe or rinse and then dry before using on your client again

Latest posts

Back