Eyelash extensions! Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swedish Beauty

Reaction score
I took a cruise and had eyelash extensions put on in the beautysalon on the ship. This was yesterday, this morning my eyes are puffy, red, and tears are pouring down my cheeks the whole time. What could have happened, and HOW DO I TAKE THEM OFF? I can´t go back since I got off the ship this morning and now I´m hoping maybe you guys can help me!

Have you had them on before?

What type are they - would have thought that they would have had to offer you a skin test with the adhesive they used for the lashes.

I have no idea! I just did it for fun! Didn´t ask any questions, nor did they! I need to take them off! Do you know how?

First of all, you need to work out if they are eyelash extensions or false eyelashes, because then you can work out what sort of adhesive has been used and how you can get it off.

If they are eyelash extensions, you will have paid in excess of fifty pounds for them, the procedure to apply them will have taken in excess of an hour, and there will be one individual eyelash extension (much like your own natural lashes) on approx 30 of your own eyelashes.

If they are false eyelashes, you will have paid much less than fifty pounds, the procedure will have taken about half an hour (depending on how many lashes were applied) and the lashes will appear in a cluster, knotted to a noticeable bulb which will be slotted in between your natural lashes, and will more than likely be touching your skin.

I am guessing you have the latter, false eyelashes, as certain adhesives used to apply these can be very irritating to the eye. The adhesive used for eyelash extensions is medical grade adhesive that does not often cause an allergic reaction and, if the procedure has been carried out correctly, should not be touching your skin.

To remove false eyelashes, an oil based eye makeup remover will get them off easily. For eyelash extensions, you will have to find your nearest salon and have them removed professionally.

Let us know how you get on hth

They are eyelash extensions, not false eyelashes! How do I get them off?

You need a solvent to remove the false eyelashes- the ones that are applied in clumps. The solvent is normally matched to the adhesive that was originally used but unfortunately you don't know what that was. When you get an appropriate solvent, you soak a cotton bud in it then gently roll it down the lashes until the adhesive starts to dissolve and they come off.
I would recommend you head to your nearest beauty salon and see if they can help and advise you. In future make sure you have a patch/ sensitivity test done at least 24hrs before the treatment to test for allergies. (Same goes for any tinting) It protects you and is also supposed to have protected your beautician from comeback.
I hope you feel better soon xxx

As I said above, you will have to go to a salon and have them professionally removed.

Also, try contacting the company who provided you with your cruise and explain the situation, making sure you inform them that you have filled in no client record card/disclaimer, and no questions were asked about any possible allergies.

Latest posts

Back