Eyelash extensions... how hard is it really?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I was very interested to read this thread because I totally regret spending hundreds of pounds on training and kit! I had one to one training and felt like giving up and walking out it was so hard. I managed about 6 lashes in 2 hours and my eyes were streaming and really strained! The tutor was very encouraging and helpful but I think you either take to it or not. I have had no desire to practice sine I trained and hope to sell my kit just to claw back some of the cost! Good luck with what ever you decide but I wish I read this thread 4 weeks ago!! x

Gosh, I really don't know what to do. On one hand, I need to find a way to supplement my income at the beginning of the week when there is no tanning. On the other hand, I don't want to invest lots of money (that I don't really have) on training & lash supplies if I end up being rubbish at it...

Hi, to be honest when i did my course i could only get about 5 lashes on too - i got so frustrated with myself and thought of all that money i had wasted.

However, i practised on models, and even stuck some false strip lashes onto a doll and practiced that way (my difficulty was separating the lashes and not clumping the glue together)

But one day, it just clicked!

I love doing lashes now, the results are amazing, and I find it really relaxing to do. Im really pleased i stuck with it.

(i trained with Flirties and use Flirties glue)

Don't give up on your idea - it may not be a treatment for everyone but if you want to succeed at it then there is no reason why you won't if you're willing to put in the effort!

It is quite hard to begin with but I found with lots of practice I was able to pick it up fairly quickly. It seems to be one of the most popular treatments at the moment too! I find that the 1 hr 30 minutes a full set takes me really relaxing and it goes so quickly!

As long as you use a good quality glue and lashes then you will be fine with practice :)

Totally, they say practice practice practice and its just that, eventually it does just click.

I found I improved significantly when I changed glue, it was really holding me back. Started using the Flirties Expert Strength and it made the whole thing massively easier!

I've just done my best client, she likes to come every two weeks for infills regardless of how many she's lost, which is great. I love doing them, I really would love to do them all day but I can't find the clients, its not as easy outside the UK!

Keep at it, ask all your friends to have them done, and before you know it, it'll be a breeze!

Hello

I am reading this thread with much interest. I am doing my lash training on Monday but thought long and hard before booking. If I didn't book now I would have to wait till November so I took the plunge lol.

I am in a similar situation, last week I came so close to cancelling after reading some posts. I thought to myself, I have struggled to get the money together (husband out if work) what if I can't do it, it will be a total waste of money. Then I said to myself what if I can. I won't know till I actually do the course. If it works out then great and I do know that I will have to practice every day if I can get the clients. If it doesn't at least I have tried but I will not go out without a fight lol.

Good luck:) x

OK, so I am considering adding eyelash extensions to my repertoire to get me through the slow tanning days at the beginning of the week. I thought I'd do a course then practice on one of those foam head things whilst listening to the tv in the evenings. I thought I'd pick it up quite quickly.

However, a friend of mine did the course and strongly recommended not doing it. She said that out of 6 girls on her course, only one ended up doing it professionally afterwards.

The reasons she gave were that it is difficult and boring, and takes months and months before you get good enough to start charging people.

I would be really interested to hear what my fellow geeks think.

Thank you :)

I wouldn't take to much heed to what your friend thinks...eyelashes like all the different disciplines are something you either take to and find easy or the opposite where lots of practice and patience is needed.

I think the important factor to consider is one of...is there the market for you with both your existing customers and for gaining new customers where you can then offer your spray tanning to also.

Having more than one service to offer your customers enables cross selling and therefore considerably increases your level of business.

So try asking your existing customers what they think....would they be interested in this application

HTH and good luck

OK, so I have had an idea...

The Lash Perfect course is GBP 1,200 out here, and I am worried about spending all that money to find that I am rubbish at it. So you do think it would be better if I got one of those heads and practised on that to see if I'm any good first?

Latest posts

Back