Eyelash extensions is it profitable

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LIZZIED

Reaction score
HI there just about to blow my last bit of money on a eyelash course
Do you advise this can i make a reasonable profit been unemployed for 2 years and dont want to make wrong move would be glad of some feedback Thanks x :confused:

Hi Lizzied!!

The biggest thing with ELE is that you need plenty of practice and the right trainer. Iv been a trainer since 2001 and you need to look for someone who offers a great training package as well as ongoing support.

I offer two days training - this includes all the product training (I have my own line of ELE products) theory on infections etc and how to identify them, cleaning and sterilization, demonstrations, hands on practice for you, retail and marketing, how to conduct initial appointments and consultations, and also i get the students back in after 3 weeks to do an infill day.

Sounds like alot but you should really be confident that you can do the ELE as well as get your self up and going as a business owner.

My advice is to do your home work and shop around, ask any questions you have and make sure they are going to continually support you. Dont be fooled by cheap prices and kits as you may not get the necessary training to make YOU feel confident. If you need any help or want to ask any questions you can always shoot me an email at: [email protected] and I will give you my advice.

Once you become a good ELE you will get clientele by word of mouth and yes it will be a profitable business for you :)
Hope this helps!

Oh thank-you for your reply.
Think I have found a good trainer had my lashes done with her and they where natural and full looking.
Managed to get light and bed which i brought on credit card so its all or nothing.
Have my training on Thursday. Pity you are so far away or could have had it with you.
Have about 12 models booked so think im just getting nervous now will keep you posted.
LizzieD x

ohh thank you! Wow exciting - I still remember when I trained and I was so nervous lol

Just remember dont rush - absorb as much information as possible from your trainer!! If you ever need any help or need questions answered - just ask - im only an ocean and an email away lol - [email protected]

When you first start doing lashes you will prob take about 2.5 hrs to do a full set - some of my girls took up to 3-4 hours. This is fine when you are first starting out. As you get more confidence and practice you will be able to get your lashes down to an hour.

Remember the golden rule - its quality not quantity at first. Get your technique down pat THEN work on your time.
Make sure you take some pics of your first set and write the time it took you down - keep doing this with all your clients - then you can see your progression and it will boost your confidence!!

Look forward to seeing your beautiful ELE's!!

QUOTE=Hypnotic Lashes;1089875]ohh thank you! Wow exciting - I still remember when I trained and I was so nervous lol

Just remember dont rush - absorb as much information as possible from your trainer!! If you ever need any help or need questions answered - just ask - im only an ocean and an email away lol - [email protected]

When you first start doing lashes you will prob take about 2.5 hrs to do a full set - some of my girls took up to 3-4 hours. This is fine when you are first starting out. As you get more confidence and practice you will be able to get your lashes down to an hour.

Remember the golden rule - its quality not quantity at first. Get your technique down pat THEN work on your time.
Make sure you take some pics of your first set and write the time it took you down - keep doing this with all your clients - then you can see your progression and it will boost your confidence!!

Look forward to seeing your beautiful ELE's!![/QUOTE]

I trained January this year and have got everything going well now ...they look lovely, staying in quite well, no clumping, not glueing to bottom lashes any more...lol...learning how to shape, etc. And I have got quicker but still need to improve that. Do you have any tips on speeding up once all else is in place?

Linda

Hi Linda,

I know you may have heard this one before.... Practice! Its really hard to give people time tips without seeing how they do they actual process. I guess once you are confident - and you sound like you are. You just need to work faster and speed your self up more.

If your clients talk sometimes it can make the difference of half an hour or so! If you have a problem with this tell them to bring their Ipod along, plug it in and just relax - most of them will fall asleep , giving you time to really concentrate on the job at hand.

WHere you place your lashes and equipment are also a big thing - make sure everything is nice and close and organized. Make sure you are set up before your client comes - If you do back to back clients its a good idea to pack up and lay out the next lot of tools for the next client, while your current client is waiting for all the glue to dry (at the end of lashes i ask the client to remain laying down with a small fan on her - to ensure the bond is fully set and that no fumes will affect her)

Keep consultations to the point and get as much info inside of 5-10 mins as possible. Dont let your client wander off on other topics.

You can use several different tools to speed things up a little too - have you tried glue pots and glue rings? have you tried using mink or silk lashes that can be adhered to the back of your hand for ease of use?

Like i said hard to give you tips - without seeing you actually work. The above are just some general tips on speeding things up. Always remember the golden rule - its quality over quantity (at first) the just start perfecting our speed - this takes practice just like when you were first learning the techniques of application.

Feel free to ask any questions and I will try and help :)

Hi Linda,

I know you may have heard this one before.... Practice! Its really hard to give people time tips without seeing how they do they actual process. I guess once you are confident - and you sound like you are. You just need to work faster and speed your self up more.

If your clients talk sometimes it can make the difference of half an hour or so! If you have a problem with this tell them to bring their Ipod along, plug it in and just relax - most of them will fall asleep , giving you time to really concentrate on the job at hand.

WHere you place your lashes and equipment are also a big thing - make sure everything is nice and close and organized. Make sure you are set up before your client comes - If you do back to back clients its a good idea to pack up and lay out the next lot of tools for the next client, while your current client is waiting for all the glue to dry (at the end of lashes i ask the client to remain laying down with a small fan on her - to ensure the bond is fully set and that no fumes will affect her)

Keep consultations to the point and get as much info inside of 5-10 mins as possible. Dont let your client wander off on other topics.

You can use several different tools to speed things up a little too - have you tried glue pots and glue rings? have you tried using mink or silk lashes that can be adhered to the back of your hand for ease of use?

Like i said hard to give you tips - without seeing you actually work. The above are just some general tips on speeding things up. Always remember the golden rule - its quality over quantity (at first) the just start perfecting our speed - this takes practice just like when you were first learning the techniques of application.

Feel free to ask any questions and I will try and help :)

Ah yes I've noticed when clients go quiet I can fit quicker and easier. Some of my clients are more mature ladies and won't have ipods ...I already have relaxing background music on ...can you think of another polite way of asking clients not to talk?
Some are very still talkers :) if you know what I mean so I don't think it makes a huge difference there. But I can see that it helps with concentration too if they relax and stay quiet.
I find I'm quicker with loose lashes on a silicon pad than with strips on back of hand. Therefore is better to have glue next to lashes on jade stone. I think I have all that set out right. I count out my lashes so have all sizes and thicknesses for that client ready. I can probably just BE quicker in some of the actions....lol. Need to keep up the pace and not slip into the relaxing music myself. But I do find I'm slow to isolate good lashes. Some clients have at least 6 growing out of one follicle by the looks of it....:) so that's hard to isolate and some have baby lashes flinging themselves across the base of the others.
I've done an excellent fitting today. I am delighted with it and my client thinks it's perfect and was thrilled. But it took me 3 hours. Normally it's not so long but her lashes are so hard to isolate. She is Tai and has lots of lashes growing in little bunches everywhere.
She looked good when she left my treatment room today though. :lol:

thanks so much for the advice.

just thinking what kind of tweezers is everyone using? are there some that make isolating easier than others?

Linda

hi Linda

When training i tell my girls not to get too focused on isolating a lash. If they cant get it within the first 30 seconds then i tell them to move on and come back to it later - this also saves your sanity too! lol

As a personal preference I only use stainless steel tweezers - the reason - the ones ones that are all pretty and have coverings on them are wonderful for show but I feel that you just cannot sanitize them enough as there is is gaps and holes that the nasties can get in under the coatings - again personal preference but something to consider!

I like to use a pair of straight tweezers to isolate and a pair of slated to lash - i find you get into those hard to reach spots with slated (the ones that have a half curved out of one side) i cannot find a pair of hooked that i like as i feel that it blocks my view and i dont seem to get the tweezers where i want them.

I like the X type when i have been lashing back to back - it relives my aches when gripping but they always take some left brain thinking to start using lol

Latest posts

Back