Eyelash extensions, mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sapphire nails

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was just wondering how you do eyelash extensions when visiting people at there homes, ive spoke to alot of people who have them done and they say that they go to the person doing them.
Im looking to add them as a service to my nails and was wondering how to do the as professional as possible to a salon.

Many thanks

gem

You would need a treatment couch, adjustable stool and trolley for setting up on, hth

Hi,

I used to have lash extensions done regularly but salons offering Nouveau were so few and far between in my area that I had to pack it in in the end. I would have loved for someone mobile to come to me to offer this! Some of the lash brands eg Nouveau used to advertise all trained lash techs in particular areas so I imagine this would help get customers for you.
All you would need is a lightweight portable couch and stool.
Good luck!

Luscious85 x

Hiya
If you have the room, it's better to be in one place. Not only does it save you time (travelling & setting up). You can never be sure what the room would be like where you went. You need good ventilation and really good lighting/natural light.

To be as professional as possible I think it's best to work from my home and have it all set up ready to go. People think that there isn't a great deal of kit but there is if you are carting it around everywhere.

Hope that helps
Tara

Hi I do lashes mobile, it's fine, My kit is in a case I have a bag of towels, extension lead, and radio, so its not silent while i do them. A couch and a fold down table. I try not to take the table in, try and set up next to a clients table. This way you carry less in. Ask the client when booking if tey have a room that is well lit. You can always have a lamp as back up, but I have never had a problem. You can also get glasses to wear from boots etc. that are for reading these can help to magnify if your used to a magnifier lamp.
It does take longer than if you have a home salon, because of set up time. But that is the same for all mobile treatments.
I really enjoy doing lashes mobile, and have very happy customers, good luck hun.xx:hug:

Hi,

I am mobile in eyelash extensions. I just have my couch in the boot of my car and a medium sizes beauty box full of my bits. I can even squeeze a towel in there.

I didn't want to keep making trips back to my car or having so much stuff I would leave bits there. I just let them know I need a space for my couch and a chair to sit on, sorted!!

Lauren x.

Hi I do lashes mobile, it's fine, My kit is in a case I have a bag of towels, extension lead, and radio, so its not silent while i do them. A couch and a fold down table. I try not to take the table in, try and set up next to a clients table. This way you carry less in. Ask the client when booking if tey have a room that is well lit. You can always have a lamp as back up, but I have never had a problem. You can also get glasses to wear from boots etc. that are for reading these can help to magnify if your used to a magnifier lamp.
It does take longer than if you have a home salon, because of set up time. But that is the same for all mobile treatments.
I really enjoy doing lashes mobile, and have very happy customers, good luck hun.xx:hug:

I have to agree, I do mobile as well as salon based. But there are clients who cannot get into the salon so I go to them. I take my couch, towels, couch roll and my box of tricks. I always ask if there is a room which is well ventilated and good light. If not I take my lamp with me and a clamp! I always use mink lashes which are on a sticky strip which goes on the back of my hand as its easier than using a pot and sponge etc. The glue is in a glue ring so basically its all on my hands!! Everything else is on top on my box in a tray for easy access. It takes me about 10 mins in total to set up. HTH. x

Hi Ladies,
Just curious, what do you mean when you say 'couch' that you have with you - slightly confused :)

Hi Ladies,
Just curious, what do you mean when you say 'couch' that you have with you - slightly confused :)

The quoted poster has been absent since 2014, and this thread is some 7 years old :)

Presumably though, she means her portable beauty couch.

Latest posts

Back