Eyelash extensions not lasting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katbeautytherapist

Reaction score
Ok so I’ve been doing classic lashes for about 2 years and Russians for about 1 year , I had some great clients before lockdown who said there lashes were lasting so long now all of a sudden since being back almost every client has sent me a message a day later saying there lashes have fallen out I bought a brand new bottle of lady bond I checked the humidity in my room and it was so so high so I got a dehumidifier and put heating on and got it down to 60 from 80 and also purchased the lash base glue I used to use which says it can work in 60 and the temp of my room was also fine. I use a retention speed booster that I was using before and still I’m struggling to get the lashes to attach the same. My last client after making all these changes messaged me to say a big load had come out literally on day one and that they are not volume lashes although no one else has ever said that to be before she obviously wants them like mega mega volume , I’ve just purchased the online Russian London lash pro course as I felt there was something I was missing and I’ve just learnt everything I already do but I’m seriously doubting myself now and wondering whether to pack lashes in altogether as it’s giving me major anxiety and I’m losing money right now rather than gaining it’s so hard when you try to do everything right and nothing seems to work .

Hi I feel for you. Your aftercare to clients is to keep the lashes dry for the first 24 hours at least. This must include not wearing a mask for a prolonged time as this affects the lashes. Maybe say to clients to factor this in. Avoid going to shops or anywhere they may need to wear a mask just for this time. I’ve seen many lash techs put this on their insta stories. I hope this helps.

Thank you I didn’t think about the masks xx

Hi Kat, it sounds to me that there is a problem with your adhesive/bond. Even if you have purchased this after lockdown are you certain the company you buy from are using new batches or that any stock they had during lockdown was kept at the perfect temperature? Remember we had many heat spikes in May and June, some parts of the country had temperatures in the high 30's. I wouldn't doubt yourself, if you were good at lashes before, you should still be, question everything else before you question yourself :)

I would agree that its the adhesive. Test the bond of a few lashes shortly after applying the first ones. If the glue is bad they will probably come off pretty easy with a touch of the tweezers. I also learnt the hard way, did a full set with brand new glue then they literally all fell off even before my client left the salon. Lucky it was only my mother 😄 I always keep 2 or 3 brand adhesives in stock incase I need to suddenly throw out the full one Im using

In NZ we nano-mist the lashes after application to cure the glue instantly and they're able to get wet straight after that. No worrying about mask breath upsetting them

Hi Kat, it sounds to me that there is a problem with your adhesive/bond. Even if you have purchased this after lockdown are you certain the company you buy from are using new batches or that any stock they had during lockdown was kept at the perfect temperature? Remember we had many heat spikes in May and June, some parts of the country had temperatures in the high 30's. I wouldn't doubt yourself, if you were good at lashes before, you should still be, question everything else before you question yourself :)
Hi Kat, i would agree with Fiona, i bought some adhesive which I've used before and didn't have a problem with before it ,2 months ago, and did my daughters lashes to keep up my practise. They virtually all dropped off within 24 hours, I took it back to the suppliers and got a refund. Clearly old stock and as the shop was closed for months i can only assume there wasn't any temperature control gong on. I bought some fresh glue from another supplier and they lasted week's. X

Latest posts

Back