Eyelash extensions on aging clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TigerlLily

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post here. I am new to lashing (3 clients so far) I'm here to ask for advice about my latest client. She is in her 60's with droopy skin around the eye. Would that be considered hooded eyes or just aging eyes? I did NOT tape the top lids as I think I was kind of stressed during the application so it slipped my mind but I have seen that as a suggestion for hooded eyes. She did like the lashes and they turned out looking nice but it was very stressful for me internally! I kept my composure but def feel like I could use advice on application methods for excessive skin around the eye so I am more confident for her fill appointment in 2 weeks o_O😍🥰

Thank you!!

I have hooded eyes, always have had them so heres some tips:

Use some micropore tape but detack it first as it can cut the lid skin and pull brow hairs out.

As we get older our brows also droop, so you can also tape the brows up too if they are the cause of the droopy lid, sometimes the brow is not located on the brow muscle area anymore and it is lower down. This can also be the case for people with ED or just normal.

It doesn’t have to get you flustered and you don’t need to feel like you are offending anyone as you are just doing what is going to help you do your job better and give them a better result..if they are in the way they are in the way.

You may also notice eyes not closing properly in a mature client, which can also be problematic with a droop at the same time, so watch the tape isnt pulling through lid too high as it can also cause one to appear. If the lid is already not shutting fully we used to use the penny trick to hold them down but with everyone worried about germs you may need to find an alternative if the situation presents.

I have hooded eyes, always have had them so heres some tips:

Use some micropore tape but detack it first as it can cut the lid skin and pull brow hairs out.

As we get older our brows also droop, so you can also tape the brows up too if they are the cause of the droopy lid, sometimes the brow is not located on the brow muscle area anymore and it is lower down. This can also be the case for people with ED or just normal.

It doesn’t have to get you flustered and you don’t need to feel like you are offending anyone as you are just doing what is going to help you do your job better and give them a better result..if they are in the way they are in the way.

You may also notice eyes not closing properly in a mature client, which can also be problematic with a droop at the same time, so watch the tape isnt pulling through lid too high as it can also cause one to appear. If the lid is already not shutting fully we used to use the penny trick to hold them down but with everyone worried about germs you may need to find an alternative if the situation presents.

Thank you so much for the advice I’m excited to try the eyebrow taping, I think that may do the trick and I hadn’t thought of that being an issue!

Hi, We have online courses that could assist you with this type of client.

Latest posts

Back