Eyelash extensions practice, can’t stop them sticking to the tape!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxItUpHair

Reaction score
Hi

Advice much needed please!

I've trained in eyelash extensions, not the best course at all, so I've invested more money and I'm taking another with a different company.
I just can't and won't see myself as qualified until I've taken better training.

In the meantime, I'm using a mannequin and trainer lashes to practice isolation, placement, and correct way to hold tweezers.

I'm doing okay with everything apart from one area, which is pretty major, as I can't let this happen on a model / client, when I'm ready to do those.

I can't seem to stop the lashes sticking to the tape / pad.
I've tried less adhesive, I'm really careful with placement, I've tried holding the lashes up slightly with tweezers whilst the glue dries, but no matter what I do, I get quite a lot sticking to the tape / pads.

I'm using a slow setting glue whilst practising, I'm wondering if this is the cause?

I know mannequins and training lashes are not the best, and I'm only using it to practice until I've done another course and feel better about working on people!
But surely I should be able to do this without sticking the lashes to the pad or tape every time I practice.

Any advice much appreciated xx

I’d switch your glue and see if that helps. If you’ve tried everything you say you have it must be your glue. Flirties do fab glues depending on room temperature and humidity. You can get small vials to try them out for a good price x

Thanks so much, I'll switch glue and see if that helps.
I'll report back, many thanks :)

I found when practicing with a mannequin I always stuck to the tape/pad way more than on actual clients, I'm not sure why, but it was a massive worry when I then let loose on friebds/family but it maybe happened on one or two lashes then I was fine :)

I found when practicing with a mannequin I always stuck to the tape/pad way more than on actual clients, I'm not sure why, but it was a massive worry when I then let loose on friebds/family but it maybe happened on one or two lashes then I was fine :)

Ah that's interesting, and good to know. Though of course I'm sorry it happened to you too!
Thank you, feeling better now you've told me that.
Intensive 1-2-1 tomo so fingers crossed! xx

I put the tape on the eye lid and push it upwards so that the lashes will go up too. Helps a lot.

Thank you, I am doing that now and it's helping loads! xx

Latest posts

Back