Eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TriciaCalvert

Reaction score
Hi ladies & gents

I done my eye lash course on Monday, omg I can't believe how much I struggled it's so disheartening, I don't expect to be an expert over night but I really struggled with isolation and working with my left hand. I feel iv literally forgot everything iv been taught about eye lash sizes too. This is something I really want to do, iv case studies to submit and I'm just dreading them incase I make a complete balls out of it all and have my model sitting for hours. I had my sister in for a model and she has straight lashes which my tutor said are the hardest but I don't feel that was my problem, I just couldn't isolate those bad boys. Please someone tell me it gets easier I feel il never be able to get the hang of it, it just seems so hard I actually felt like crying during my course I felt everyone else was flying and I was really struggling, I just about for one eye done in 2 hours please give me some positivity and tell me how great yous have turned out. Was it really this hard for you guys at the start too? Also if anyone wants to suggest some fab eyelashes to try out I'd like to know more about different brands.

Many thanks ❤️

Okay and breathe

Honestly it gets easier. I walked away from my first course feeling exactly the same, 12 yrs later I would class myself as a lash master. I’ve done ALOT of courses since then.

So practice your isolation get some strip lashes and later them so that it’s more like a real eye. Then practice practice practice. Some lashes are easier to isolate than others. Your trainer will be there to support you. I’ll try and come back on tomorrow to post some other helpful tips, but you’re not alone, most of us felt like this and many of my students also feel overwhelmed at the start. Xxx

Lashes are hard!

Try out some different style tweezers and look online for lash mapping for lash lengths and different styles.

It gets easier :)

Okay and breathe

Honestly it gets easier. I walked away from my first course feeling exactly the same, 12 yrs later I would class myself as a lash master. I’ve done ALOT of courses since then.

So practice your isolation get some strip lashes and later them so that it’s more like a real eye. Then practice practice practice. Some lashes are easier to isolate than others. Your trainer will be there to support you. I’ll try and come back on tomorrow to post some other helpful tips, but you’re not alone, most of us felt like this and many of my students also feel overwhelmed at the start. Xxx

Thanks very much for ur reply, iv actually just ordered myself a training doll and some lashes to try practise on, my course was only 1 day intense but with on going support and I did ask her if I could use a doll to practise on an she advised against it but even to try pick up to isolate I think it won't hurt to try. I'm doing my mums lashes tomorrow - I just hate the thought of her laying there for an few hours and me having a melt down I really want to succeed in lashes but it's definitely not as easy as I thought, I'm so bad with my left hand too. Xxxx

Lashes are hard!

Try out some different style tweezers and look online for lash mapping for lash lengths and different styles.

It gets easier :)
Thank you, I'm actually on youtube here atm watching some videos. I'm just a bag of nerves iv 2 case studies to submit to pass and my god they will be a handling my poor models will hate me at the end of it xx

Thank you, I'm actually on youtube here atm watching some videos. I'm just a bag of nerves iv 2 case studies to submit to pass and my god they will be a handling my poor models will hate me at the end of it xx

They won’t hate you, just work methodically and it will be fine, the client will be more worried about both eyes being even than if you have every single lash with a lash on them, obviously you will get to a point where you can achieve both! I like the hook type tweezers for isolating they are much easier for me but have a play around and work out what works best for you

I don't actually do lash extensions myself, but my daughter does and she felt exactly the same as you do after her first course. And I thought her positive story might be good for you to hear so you know you're not alone!

It's good to hear that you have ongoing support from your trainer as I think that will be very useful. My daughter didn't really have that. She did her training in a large group at college over 1 day and they just weren't taught enough. She also had to do case studies to get her certificate. She then did a load of sets at a reduced price to build her confidence up, but she still felt she hadn't got the knack and actually stopped doing them for a while as she was so dispondent. She started doing lots of research and followed lash techs work to see which styles she liked and then decided to do a 1-2-1 workshop with a lash tech educator who's work she admired. That session completely ironed out all her issues and from that day onwards (back in March this year), she has been fully booked! She did Russian Volume lashes shortly after and actually prefers doing them to classics!

She wondered if work would slow down in September, but it doesn't look like it. She's getting to the stage when she might have to stop taking on new clients and she hasn't even been going 6 months yet, so it just goes to show it's really worth Persevering. If after a while you still don't think it's clicked, don't be afraid to book a 1-2-1 session.
Good luck!

Hi :)
I trained at the end of May. My course didn't require case studies.
I struggled so so much! I watched hours and hours of videos on YouTube! I practised isolating lashes on my boyfriend & 9 year old! I also bought a training face on Amazon.
It takes lots of practice but you'll get there! There is even times now where I feel disheartened but just power on through and you'll get there!

Hi :)
I trained at the end of May. My course didn't require case studies.
I struggled so so much! I watched hours and hours of videos on YouTube! I practised isolating lashes on my boyfriend & 9 year old! I also bought a training face on Amazon.
It takes lots of practice but you'll get there! There is even times now where I feel disheartened but just power on through and you'll get there!

Thank you for ur reply. I no its all about the practice but with how hard it is I feel il never get there. Lol didn't realise how much I would struggle with it glad you have improved I'm sure it's all down to practice an hopefully one day il see improvement x

Thank you for ur reply ladies, it's given me a bit of hope. Il keep yous posted when I do my first case study lol hopefully have it done in the next few days

Latest posts

Back