Eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailspink_0

Reaction score
Hi
Ok, so a year and a half back I completed an eyelash course and passed. I've decided to have a go at doing them, so I had a practice on my daughter. When I watch the you tube vids the lash is clear and placement of the lash just kind of grabs. When I do it I wear my glasses and put some other stronger ones on, but I can't seem to focus on where the lash is to go, I've tried taping the eyelid back but that opens the eye. And then when I finally get the little what sit to adhere, it comes off when I run the brush through. I feel like I need the client to tilt their head back to me. Help please, they are so frustrating hey.

Hi Love,
Do you have a lash pillow that has a groove in the middle for their head to comfortably rest in?
I wear glasses also and only wear my own glasses. The magnifying ones do not help at all due to my eyesight. Though that might not be the case for you. Tell the client they need to shift right up towards you and their chin should be up and get a salon swivel chair that you can adjust to the height you feel comfortable lashes at as you will need to be over your client.
Hope this helps a bit.
xx

Thank you so much for your reply. I will try a lash pillow and get them to wiggle up a bit more. Thank you.

This is not everyones cup of tea but you could try a magnifying lamp? Some people love it and some absolutely hate it but it does give you light and vision right where you need it so its worth having a look at. If you could try it somewhere that would be even better so you can make sure it works for you.
Another though is lighting....a lot of therapists think they have good lighting and not being able to see or apply the lash is down to vision but in most cases it has made a huge difference once they have added a professional light and you will be amazed how much better you can see those fine or fair lashes too.

If the lashes are brushing off it could also be that the adhesive is possibly a bit too slow or you are brushing too early so there are many factors that play into this. Dont be disheartenend it does happen to everyone at the beginning and things will get better x

Totally agree that lighting is key for seeing properly but a dim lighted room with a bright overhead light over the client helps 100%

Latest posts

Back