eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette

Reaction score
Hi all
Ive heard about the 3d contour eyelash extensions my question is
1. Has anyone had them done personally?
2. How did you get on with them, and can you apply mascara with them?
Any other info/experience greatly appreciated.

Hi all
Ive heard about the 3d contour eyelash extensions my question is
1. Has anyone had them done personally?
2. How did you get on with them, and can you apply mascara with them?
Any other info/experience greatly appreciated.

Although there's not much need to, you can apply mascara to the tips of eyelash extensions.

Applying mascara further down towards the root will not harm the extensions, but when it comes to taking that mascara off, you will find it more difficult to cleanse the area gently and may dislodge a few extensions due to the leverage extensions add to natural lashes.

At the salon I worked at before they did extensions - they did about 10 sets while I was there - all 10 complained - people are not willing to look after them - ie. no rubbing, no make up unless specifcly for extension, being careful how you sleep.

I dont know about other brands but the ones they used were awful, to be honest strip lashes looked better!

Hi i do hollywood lashes and i love these. I do these extensions freelance in a couple of salons and i'm doing really well with them. You can use mascara but to be honest you don't really need to wear it as amy has already said.
They last 2-3 months with top ups every 2-3 wks. I've not heard of 3D Contour Lashes.

:)

i am having probs with the ones i do. I cannot seem to get repeat custom. ppl say that more fall out on one eye than the other etc, they really don't look after them properly and i end up getting very frustrated with them. i am on the verge of giving up on them if i am honest.

hi kadi

i find that happens on most customers. i thought it might be that i did one side better than the other or maybe its that they are rougher when removing mascara. Can you tell me which lashes you use? how much do you charge? when do you get them in for infills? I get them in 2 wks after which seems to be working quite well.
I'm going to offer a free mascara with the sets that i do so that i know they're using the correct products as they should also be using an oil free eye make-up remover so you could offer to give them one of those too.

Individual eyelash extensions can be compared to nail enahncenments.
[ sorry once a nail tech always a nail tech but do eyelash extensions ]

One hand may loose nails or need repairs more often then the other & needs to be maintained accordingly

So be the case with eyelash extensions.

We will favour one side to sleep on rub or even over pluck without even being aware of it.
As nails need to be infilled/rebalanced so do eyelash extensions.

Explain this maintainence need & I'm sure you will soon have clients that appreciate the ongoing regieme required.

HtH

XX J XX

Yeah I agree, it comes down to a few factors:

1. The technician - they need to have prepped the eyelashes correctly, they need to have perfect bonding techniques, they need to have applied eyelash extensions to natural eyelashes of the correct length and placement.

2. The client - they need to have refrained from wearing mascara on the day of the appointment, they need to understand the stringent aftercare procedure: not getting eyelashes wet for at least two hours after application, not to visit steam rooms or saunas regularly, to not have water from the shower jet streaming directly onto the lashes...etc....

I have many regular clients who return every 2-3 weeks for maintenance. I also have a few clients who grumble about the price and only have eyelash extensions applied for special occasions.

As well as providing my client with comprehensive afercare advice, I have a section on my consultation forms which lists the activities they must refrain from doing whilst wearing eyelash extensions, they then sign this form. This usually really drives it home regards what they must and must not do with their eyelash extensions.

Latest posts

Back