Eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bexi

Reaction score
Hello fellow geeks,

I had a friend asking me today about the difference between semi-permanent and permanent eyelash extensions. I have no experience in this area and was wondering if someone could explain the diffence to me?

Kind regards

Becki xxx

Ps. I just read Gigi's thread on text type and am impressed to see I can write properly with no texting talk! hehe!

As the only permanent eyelashes are the ones you are born with :lol: i think she is asking about the ones that you can have applied and last up to 24hrs and then there is the semi permanent ones that can last up to 3 months if kept up to with regular infill appointments hth hun

ahhhhhh, this definatly makes sense, for a minute I thought I'd missed some massive thing in the industry.

Thanks

Becki xxx

As the only permanent eyelashes are the ones you are born with :lol: i think she is asking about the ones that you can have applied and last up to 24hrs and then there is the semi permanent ones that can last up to 3 months if kept up to with regular infill appointments hth hun

Your eyelashes constantly renew in a regular cycle, so no-one has the eyelashes they were born with. That's why the latest individual eyelash extensions can be justifiably classed as permanent - they are as permanent as your own eyelashes, as long as they are flawlessly bonded and well looked after, they will only come out when your natural lash reaches the end of its life. It is common for these sort of eyelash extensions to be classed as permanent or semi-permanent.

Temporary eyelashes, as loubylou says, last approx 24 hours, usually less, due to the high solubility of the adhesive used and the weight of the false eyelashes. False eyelashes come in strips (most traditional style, long enough to cover the entire lash line) and clusters (several lashes knotted in one bulb, can be applied to corners, all over, or creatively placed where needed).

Note that it is best to refer to the semi/permanent eyelash extensions as eyelash extensions, and the temporary false eyelashes as false eyelashes to avoid any confusion.

I'd love to get those done! They must be pretty expensive though.

How much training would a therapist or makeup artist have had in applying them? I imagine the suppliers would run courses? Just wondering in case I win the lottery and can get them done, bit funny about who goes near my eyes!

:)
Hi Becki, and all,

I know you have your question answered. But.

The easiest way i can explain it, is (semi permanant) eyelashes, come in clumps of about 5/6 lashes and get stuck on with dura-lash glue. A set lash min 24 hrs.

Permanant lashes, are individual, and silk/sinthetic, its a lengthly treatment takes about 2 and a half hours.
Results are amazing!!
It is a one-on-one eyelash proceedue.
You pick up an eyelash with special tweezers, dip the end in a little glue, and whilst holding the other eyelashes (on the clients eyes) separted with other pair of tweezers you attach the single lash to them.
This is repeated until each eye is covered usually about 50-100 lashes per eye.

I have been doing this treatment for nearly 3 years, and proves quite popular.
I charge £85 per set
£50 for half a set
£25 for maintence (needed every two weeks)

I trainned with a company called LAVISH LASHES.
They were brilliant, my only fault was i didnt get a certificate after I done the trainning.
I LOVE A CERTIFICATE!!
They have since changed their name to LASH PERFECT.
I would highly recommend them if you, or any other therapist was considering doing them.
They are based in Collier Row, in Romford, Essex.
The trainning was held in a salon called Taiheti.

I hope this helps you all.

Emma x :hug: x

Hi
I think that Kirsty Lund (Scratchers) has a Nouveau Lashes demo day at her salon this month.
Bedfordshire isn't that far from her. Why don't you send Kirsty a PM for the details?

oh really, oooh i will thanks gelly xxx

Latest posts

Back