Eyelash glue drying white

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucylu

The Beauty Shack
Reaction score
Hi guys

I wonder if anyone can help. I've been doing eyelash extensions for a while now using Flirties glue. I've had a client whose eyes watered whilst I was doing the treatment and although I said to her I didn't think it would be a great result he insisted I carry on, however, she says that when she woke up the glue had gone white. How could this happen? Xx

The glue hasn't gone white, its either fibres from the tape you used, cotton wool or gel that has leaked from gel pads and dried up x

Are these semi perm? Or the cluster lashes ? Xx

I have a client who is sensitive to the vapour from the glue and sometimes her eyes stream water and the glue goes white.
I've come to the conclusion that it's the salt in her ' tears' that reacts with the glue. (I may be waaaaay off the mark with this though !:smack: )
I keep fanning the vapour away from her face when applying the lashes and this has helped enormously.
She has gotten a lot more tolerant of it recently though, and it's not so bad now

I read years ago about something called blooming that occurred with certain eyelash adhesives if moisture got near it. May be worth a google?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Best way to tackle the vapour is to put a piece of a wet sponge (facial one) Near your jade stone :) It absorbed fumes beautifully :)

That was re reaction to fumes obviously. Have no scoobies what to advise re the whitening of the glue :p

It does sound like blooming - this happens when the bond gets wet during application. It will be because your client had watery eyes. If i have a client with watery eyes i gently soak up the water with a tissue, sort of like blotting if that makes sense...this should help.

Latest posts

Back