Eyelash Glue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelly77

Reaction score
Hello everyone I was wondering wether anyone can shed some light on a very confusing situation i have encountered. I have been doing eyelash extensions for 2 years now and have a loyal growing network of clients. I have moved home and set up a salon from home with a colleague who does the hair dressing in the same room. I use Lash Perfect glue and since i have moved have had no end of problems with the glue hardening and drying up too quickly on the jade stone. Ive had a few clients of late complain of itching which i think is down to the glue doing this and so am loseing money fast on clients having breaks and on continuous new glue. The glue seems fine in the pot its when it hits the jade stone i will get 5 mins max until it goes stringy and hardens. I have phoned Lash Perfect countless amounts of times with promises to call me back to give me advice and they never do, they keep asking for the glue back to test but im sure its not the glue as its happened to 4 separate pots. It must be the conditions im working in. I have tried a fan to keep the air circulated. I have no heating on in the room but its not cold. It may get cold over night tho. I was just wondering wether anyone had any suggestions. I have just ordered a flirties glue to give that a go and see if it happens if ot does then its almost definately the conditions. Sorry to go on its so frustrating and im losing money fast. Please can anyone help.

Kelly x

I haven't any suggestions except maybe taking the adhesive into a warm room overnight instead of letting it get cold. I didn't want to read your post and run, so good luck x

again, didnt want to read and run :biggrin: but have no answers really, the only thing I would suggest is maybe trying a glue ring?? Just another thing to try lol xx

It won't be a problem if the glue gets cold overnight.

Do you shake your glue well before you use it?

I think it's great that lash perfect have asked for the glue back to test. Even if you have had 4 bottles, they could well have all come from a faulty batch. I would certainly let LP have one to check.

Is there any moisture in your room from another source (perhaps if the hairdresser is drying hair beside you in a small area). The glue cures from the moisture in the air so this would be my best guess at why you're having problems.

Why not give the bottle a good shake, squeeze out a blob onto your jade stone and place it in another room for half an hour to see if it dries out?

If it doesn't, then the problem is with the conditions in the room you are using, not the glue.

I am interested in the outcome of this one so keep us posted x

hiya,
I too am having the same problems with flirties glue as im only getting 2 to three minutes. I am just starting out and had my first model in who was also training. She brought her own glue which was nouveau ultra bond pro 5 and i tried that. It didnt dry out like the flirties , so carried on using that. Therefore it couldnt have been the room condition (which was quite cold anyway). No idea why this is happening. Have ordered another type of glue to see.:irked:

Hi, I would try a glue ring, there are certain glues which you should not be use on a jade stone, so check with your supplier, i use flirties and find it is best used in a glue ring as it thickens too quickly on a jade stone.

I always put hairdressing foil on my jade stone and then put the glue on his. Never have any problems and it's so much easier to clean-just put the foil in the bin!

I always put hairdressing foil on my jade stone and then put the glue on his. Never have any problems and it's so much easier to clean-just put the foil in the bin!

Am loving the foil idea! Silly question but would ordinary tinfoil work too on the stone? I have tried using micropore tape but find it a nightmare to peel off at the end! X

Sent from my AT100 using SalonGeek

Whilst heat is an important factor with using eyelash extension glue, the more important environment question should be what the humidity is.

A room with too little or too much humidity can affect the glue greatly. The perfect humidity for glue* is from 35-65%.

The fact that you are using a jade stone means your glue will dry out quicker than if it's in a glue ring.

Just some pointers ...

HTH

Francesca

*I only refer to the glue I use so the humidity variance could be different with other brands as they have different chemicals and percentages of the cyanoacrylates and formaldyhide.

Certain eyelash bonds can react with the airbourne ammonia in the air of hair salons. I know a couple of therapists who actually had to move premises because of this.

Latest posts

Back