eyelash help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel fingers

Reaction score
i sometimes have my lashes tinted, but am never really thrilled with the results.
i have quite fine eyelashes and they are not very long.
i was wondering if there was any way to make the tint more intense. i've tried blue black and black and there is not much difference with either.
could it be that my lashes need more developer or something to make the colour 'take' more ?
would the colour result be any more intense if i had an eyelash perm and colour at the same time ?

Have eyelash extentions. Cabinkel has been doing it for me and I absolutly love them. They are lovely and long and dark all the time so tey really notice but dont look fake.

Don't think you can get stronger than blue/black as thats really dark when it develops!! Do you wear mascara over the top? As that should enhance it!! Even if its only clear. I have done a few people with fine, light coloured lashes & all so far have come out really well. In fact its people with dark lashes like me that I find it doesn't always show up on/look as effect on once done!! Maybe there not using enough developer or eve possibly tint? What brand do they use? Also having your lashes permed should help but you'll need to have that done first then the tint usually a couple of days later if possibly as the perming/neutralising solution will reduce the effect of the lash tint, possibly remove a lot of it. So it is recommended you don't have them done at the same time, as the effects won't be as good!!! HTH :O)

leah82 said:
Don't think you can get stronger than blue/black as thats really dark when it develops!! Do you wear mascara over the top? As that should enhance it!! Even if its only clear. I have done a few people with fine, light coloured lashes & all so far have come out really well. In fact its people with dark lashes like me that I find it doesn't always show up on/look as effect on once done!! Maybe there not using enough developer or eve possibly tint? What brand do they use? Also having your lashes permed should help but you'll need to have that done forst then the tint usually a couple of days later if possibly as the perming/neutralising solution will reduce the effect of the lash tint, possibly remove a lot of it. So it is recommended you don't have them done at the same time!!! HTH :O)

Its fine to have the perm first then have the tint straight away afterwards. I always do the two together but the perm is always the first treatment. This definately enhances the eye lashes and is an instant effect.

Hi I know you can do them together when necessary but I was taught that the effects might not be as good, so if possible do them separately, but most clients want them done together anyway as it saves time!! :O)

leah82 said:
Hi I know you can do them together when necessary but I was taught that the effects might not be as good, so if possible do them separately, but most clients want them done together anyway as it saves time!! :O)

Its funny how different companies teach differently isnt it? I was taught it is best to do the perm then the tint directly afterwards for best effects lol!!!
The company I trained with said it would be detriment to the tint if you permed afterwards as it would fade the tint with the perm solution.

angel fingers said:
i sometimes have my lashes tinted, but am never really thrilled with the results.
i have quite fine eyelashes and they are not very long.
i was wondering if there was any way to make the tint more intense. i've tried blue black and black and there is not much difference with either.
could it be that my lashes need more developer or something to make the colour 'take' more ?
would the colour result be any more intense if i had an eyelash perm and colour at the same time ?

What is your natural hair colour ? I have a client that is a natural red head & her eyelash roots never seem to take as well as the ends i have tried everything but makes no difference ! x

I use the Combinal range of tints. They are a bit more costly but I find that this is the only range that completly cover grey in eyebrows etc. The blue/black seems really glossy and "black". I love them!

Bombinigirl said:
What is your natural hair colour ? I have a client that is a natural red head & her eyelash roots never seem to take as well as the ends i have tried everything but makes no difference ! x

mid brown, my lashes seem to be lighter at the tips.:sad:

angel fingers said:
mid brown, my lashes seem to be lighter at the tips.:sad:

Perhaps you could try another therapist ? It might be technique or the tint. My eyelashs are brown & i have them tinted black, they look a bit darker but unless i have them permed to there isn't much difference ! The tint i use is Salon Systems

There could be many factors affecting the results of tinting such as-

Incorrect mixing of tint, mixed tint is useless after 15mins (or so i was taught), Eye area not cleansed efficiently(sp?), petroleum jelly on the lashes,
incorrect/inadequate application, development time (usual 10-15mins)

I havent had a problem tinting as yet and blue/black is the most intense colour, maybe have a tint somewhere else and see if there is a difference,

Hth's a bit xxxx

Hi Angel fingers

I am close to Northampton, Im willing to give your eyelashes a try with my tint if you are interested?

PM me if you want to.
K x

Latest posts

Back