Eyelash lift

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajb

Reaction score
i did an eye lash lift on a client yesterday they looked ok when she left but now shes saying they gone funny and cant put mascara on them so untill i see them not sure what has happened is there anything i can do to correct them? shud i redo them to get them bsck ok or is there any oils can put on ?

You should have been shown how to relax? This has been incorrect lotion placement/removal or roller placement. You will need to do both eyes so they are the same.

Shield the lower lashes (pads on top of the lower lashes)
Vaseline over lid as close to the lashes as possible.
Using a lash comb, comb perm/lift solution through the lashes for 1 minute.
Remove with dry pads.
Repeat with setting lotion/neutraliser.
Apply nourish.

The lashes will be straight again...do not re perm for a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
It may have been that she slept on her lashes last night. I advise all of my clients to be super careful with their lashes over the first 24 hours as they are still setting in their new shape so it's essential they keep their lashes dry during this period too. Sleeping on your lashes during the first 24 hours (and many people sleep on their side or on their face) will result in you waking up with your lashes crushed into your eyelid. I've actually done this myself after forgetting my own advice despite warning all my clients about it :) It's the worst culprit for ruining newly lifted lashes I've found x

Sorry, but they are not "still setting" they are completely 100% set before she leaves if the lotions are applied correctly. The cuticles on the hair shaft burst open during Perming and are reset and closed in the shape of the lift during setting/neutralising. That's like telling a hair perm client your hair will get curlier as the day goes on! It's done, finished, reset shape and sealed. What would be the point of selecting a roller size if it was going to change over 24 hours?

Last edited:
How can it be continuing to oxidise? You have dry wiped, cleansing lotioned, soaked, removed the roller, tinted and removed all over again and applied nourish lotion.

To say it's still oxidising is to say it's still going through some process. The reason we advise not to touch is due to the Ph balance being altered during the process. The setting lotion contains hydrogen peroxide which oxidises the hair...so does your tint developer...the hairs will be well oxidised...remember how small a margin is being permed/lifted.

You can't expect someone to have a salon treatment and then lie on their back in bed during the next 24 hours in case they ruin it?!

If chemistry and hair structure has changed in the 20 years since I trained as first a hairdresser and then in lashes and a lash perm trainer then I stand corrected. When Perming hair we advised not to wash for basically as long as possible, more to allow the ph balance to return to normal and to reduce further trauma to the hair/scalp...then only to use products formulated for permed hair...same system for eyelashes only weaker.

Last edited:
I did an LVL course last week and they said that the lashes should not get wet for the first 24 hours nor put any product on them and that the lashes could be neutralised in the first 72 hours if the client didn't like them as the treatment keeps going for 72 hours.

Have you asked your client what she has done with her lashes since seeing you and I would see her again and take photos? I would then call the supplier of the product, send the photo to them with details of what the client has done (also how you did the treatment) and get them to provide you with an explanation which can then be relayed to the client as necessary.

I did an LVL course last week and they said that the lashes should not get wet for the first 24 hours nor put any product on them and that the lashes could be neutralised in the first 72 hours if the client didn't like them as the treatment keeps going for 72 hours.

Have you asked your client what she has done with her lashes since seeing you and I would see her again and take photos? I would then call the supplier of the product, send the photo to them with details of what the client has done (also how you did the treatment) and get them to provide you with an explanation which can then be relayed to the client as necessary.

They mean relaxed...not neutralised, that's what the setting lotion is, a neutraliser....so you've already neutralised.... And this can be done at any time....72 hours or not...you will still need to add perm lotion first to break the bonds down again. Getting them wet will accentuate the curl temporarily nothing more until it dries again.

Latest posts

Back