Eyelash nightmare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louteasdale

Reaction score
Had my eyelashes done today (supposed to be Russian semi permanents). They got stuck together and the lady had to yank my eyes apart which has ripped out some of my lower lashes. Now my eyes are just overall sore and feel gritty I think it’s the glue scratching. Using a spoolie and castor oil I’ve managed to get a few out- there in clusters?! I thought semis were individual. I’ve messaged the lady to get them out ASAP but she appears to have blocked me and isn’t responding. She works from home so it’s a bit awkward. Please help!?! How do I get them out? How can I get my money back?! Thanks in advance x

Call any other lash salon that doesn’t look cheap and say hello, I’m having some bother please would you remove my lashes. Or say you need a removal and redo if you aren’t getting anywhere finding someone. Explain you appreciate they may not remove other people’s work but that you will pay for their time and understand if they can’t get all of it removed you just appreciate they do what they can.

Stop with castor oil.

Russian lashes are still the individual lashes but applied with multiple on each lash in a fan. Next time you need Individual Lash Extensions. Or maybe a break for a while! :)

It’s a totally normal Issue that a lash or a few can get tangled with each other or lower lashes before the final reveal. Doesn’t happen often but it’s always a risk. Their experience will show in their confidence in fixing it. I even remember one of my very first sets I very carefully cut one that was pulling the eye shut as the glue had got on a lower lash and while it was an easy fix my lady kept trying to open her eyes and saying ow and freaking out (and rightly too I would aswell), while I said stay closed while I unglue it. It’s something very easily fixed but having your eyes shut and losing a sense while hearing someone say a something has not gone to plan can make it all seem way worse than it is. That said it’s her job to make you feel calm about it.

It’s a learning thing and it gets better when a person has more experience. So after this I would suggest going to someone who trains others or has been doing it a long time. The price you pay shows the experience in lashes more than any other treatment.

The irritation afterwards is more than likely normal irritation after lashes which can be from where you the eye was being opened but unable due to the catch and feels sore (think like a ponytail you’ve had all day and getting a sore scalp) has probably made you panic and using castor oil and trying to take them off yourself will have made it much worse. Or simply because you’ve not had them before and they are simply way too heavy for you.

While waiting for an appt leave them totally alone, except to brush them morning and night to avoid any nighttime tangles to make them more sore.

Do not order any lash removers as they are blindingly painful in the wrong hands.

Hope you get it sorted. A good lash technician will be able to help you but if the work is a mess it may be stingy if they have applied the lashes too close to your skin so be prepared. It’s better to have them out professionally with some sting than growing glued to each other and pulling the hairs out.

You can’t get a refund if she’s blocked you but it’s quite likely you’ve maybe worried her and demanded a refund before letting her have a chance to see what went wrong and fix it. If anyone had attempted using oil on their lashes I wouldn’t be refunding. If they kicked up a fuss or were the slightest bit rude I would also not have them back in my home as home is a safe place. She’s probably just anxious and the fear it will happen again is enough to make her more focussed on the next person, so you will be her lesson. I’d forget about it and move on and find someone better.

Latest posts

Back