eyelash perm and then tint???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail-Nut

Reaction score
hi everyone

can you do an eyelash perm and then a tint straight after?? a girl i work with says that you cant, but when i did my training at college my tutor said if your clients wants one straight after then theres no reason why you shouldnt.

Who is right?

Thanks

Nail-Nut said:
hi everyone

can you do an eyelash perm and then a tint straight after?? a girl i work with says that you cant, but when i did my training at college my tutor said if your clients wants one straight after then theres no reason why you shouldnt.

Who is right?

Thanks
Hi yes u can do one straight after so your tutor is right

Hiya,

Yes deffo and you will get a more dramatic look with no need for mascara at all
Amanda

When you say eyelash perm, do you actually curl them so they make your eyes look bigger?? I've had a tint but not a perm, very intrigued.

So am I? I have a vision of Kevin Kegan lashes :lol: :o

Yes you can perm then tint in the same treatment, in that order, I do it all the time. You wouldn`t want to do it the other way round cos the perm would take out the tint again.

talented talons said:
When you say eyelash perm, do you actually curl them so they make your eyes look bigger?? I've had a tint but not a perm, very intrigued.
Hiya,
Its like a very small perming rod (well its foam) and you place it as near to the upper eyelid as poss, you then curl the lashes up and over the perming rod (not around it), because the rods are sticky the eyelashes will stick to it.

You the proceed with perming solution, neutralizer and finish witha collagen gel, remove all procts and remove perming rod.

The look you want to acheive is that the lashes curl up..............you dont want a piglet tail look if you know what i mean

Amanda

Well we have just done tinting and perming at college and they said categorically that you mustn't do one straight after the other - you're supposed to leave a week in between. However, you're not supposed to perm your hair and dye it at the same time and I've done that plenty of times without it falling out so I spose it depends on the hair!

Looby
:green:

I was told at my course that clients should leave at least 24 hours in between perming and tinting. On the couse we permed and tinted each others lashes the same day and a couple of the girls had quite a red edging to their eyelids :cry: but the rest of us were fine. If I have a client who insists on having both treatments done during the same visit i get them to sign a disclaimer saying that they were advised against it but want them done regardless.

Lou.

We where always taught that we can do them both on same day and I have had no problems with my clients :)

So am I? I have a vision of Kevin Kegan lashes :lol: :o
This made me chuckle (mainly because my poor mum has just had a bad perm and now has kevin keegan hair, haha)

Anyway,
I was also taught at college not to perm and tint on the same day, although I do it and I think it can depend very much on the products from the manufacturer. Some products say you can other's say you cant so its best just to check what you are using and what the manufacturer's instructions are. hth xx

I always perm then tint,it's a good promotion tactic to offer the perm plus FREE tint.The tint really emphasises the perm/lashes.

Latest posts

Back