Eyelash Perming and Tinting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinity

Brush Slayer Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi Skin Geeks

First post in the skin geek place so her goes.....

Do any of you guys do eyelash perming and/or tinting? If so who is your supplier and who did you learn with?

I'm interested in expanding my services and eyelashes appeal for some reason :D

TIA

Hi there,

I trained with Hovans eyelash extension & eyeleash perming company.
2 x 4 hr classes with hands on & lots of equipment to go around.

I also have the Ellebana perming kit that goes with the Belmacil tinting kit I use.

I have DVD's on both systems but am yet to do the Ellebana class

My supplier is the same for all my beauty & nail supplies.

The Beauty Warehouse Mortdale Sydney also owns with Nailmart Australia

Tanning retail & professional systems I am supplied by Vani-t Australia

HtH

XX J XX

I did tinting & perming on my college course. Wholesalers do 1/2 day courses on each up near me I would look at them.

I would definitely add it on, its doesn't take long and the results are brilliant for the tinting. The perming is something that didn't show really on me as I have quite curly lashes anyway but I have seen people who would benefit from it.

I trained with salon systems and use their kit as I can get it from my local wholesalers. Try this link.
Salon System

Thanks for all those leads ladies :D

I've checked out Salon Services at Capital but Capital are not offering eyelash tinting or perming at my local one. Nearest is about 50 miles away.

I've emailed the South area Trainer of Hive of Beauty to see if she can recommend anywhere too.

I'll do some reading up about those leads you've all give me so far

I do both eyelash tinting and perming which was covered in my beauty therapy NVQ course but I'm sure wholesalers will do short courses.

I find tinting is more popular out of the two. Would be good if you could also do a eyebrow shaping course as well as most people who have tints also have a shape at the same time.

I use Hive of Beauty products.

HTH's

just wanted to say - good luck! tinting is very popular and a good earner.

I do a few perms but not LOADS where as i do lots of tinting.

I did it at college, but i know ellisons/capital etc do it so your on the right path.

amb x

I did mine with Salon Systems too,the training was a full day with loads of hands on practice. I do lots of tints, but have not found perming to be that popular. On our course we were showed how to do brow shaping as well, so i thought it was really good value.:)

Just as everyone has said Ellisons or Salon systems. And tinting more popular than perming Good Luck

i do tinting

i learnt it as it was part of my cosmetic makeup course

i use strictly professional tint kit

am about to learn perming as part of my fashion makeup course, i can't wait

eyelash and brow tinting was included in my NVQ2 course, i've used salon sytems and strictly professional brands and they are both great. :)

I too did perming and tinting as part of my NVQ2 course at college.

I occasionally do perming, but do alot of lash and brow tinting! It is definately worrth doing the tinting but not sure whether it is worth paying to do the perm training. I beliebe some colleges do separae courses for eye treatments.

I use Salon Systems for both treatments.

I to did tinting as part of my NVQ & tbh ive never found it a popular treatment.

I love doing the treatment but I probably get one booking a month during winter :eek: Summer is slightly busier but not much !

I did look into perming but only had a couple of clients that showed any interest in having it done so didn't bother in the end.

I use Salon Systems for the tinting products.

I to did tinting as part of my NVQ & tbh ive never found it a popular treatment.

I love doing the treatment but I probably get one booking a month during winter :eek: Summer is slightly busier but not much !

I did look into perming but only had a couple of clients that showed any interest in having it done so didn't bother in the end.

I use Salon Systems for the tinting products.

I am probably doing about 4 eye lash tints a week and the same for eyebrows!

I am probably doing about 4 eye lash tints a week and the same for eyebrows!

If you don't mind me asking how much do you charge ?

The reason I ask is that the average hourly treatment rate in the salon is £25 so I charge £12 for a lash tint & I book out 25 - 30 mins. Where I used to work it was £8 for 30 mins so that was only £16 per hour when I could of been doing a facial for £40.

If I lowered the price I probably would get more interest but then it wouldn't be cost effective for me. If the client has it as part of a facial I only charge £6 then.

I had quite a few requests for it mobile but I worked out with driving about for the tint test I was actually losing money :cry:

Wow! Thanks all, lots of interesting stuff in there, I'm surprised to find the perming isn't as popular as the tinting, you learn something new everyday :D

I'm still waiting on a reply from Hive of Beauty, and I think I'll give Capital a call and see if I can get a course at my local one too, they seem to show every branch but the Brighton one.

Thanks again all :hug:

If you don't mind me asking how much do you charge ?

The reason I ask is that the average hourly treatment rate in the salon is £25 so I charge £12 for a lash tint & I book out 25 - 30 mins. Where I used to work it was £8 for 30 mins so that was only £16 per hour when I could of been doing a facial for £40.

If I lowered the price I probably would get more interest but then it wouldn't be cost effective for me. If the client has it as part of a facial I only charge £6 then.

I had quite a few requests for it mobile but I worked out with driving about for the tint test I was actually losing money :cry:

For a lash tint its own I charge £8, brow tint is £6. When done on there own it is not as profit effective as some treatments. However, most of my clients have a lash tint and brow tint at the some time so I do a combined charge of £12, which doesnt take any longer than just a lash tint on its own. Therefore makes it effective.

I havent quoted a higher charge for the indivicual treatments as this is the going rate in my area, but being salon based and not mobile then I dont quite have the same issue for minimum charge.

Latest posts

Back