eyelash perming anyone had it done??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jo-anne

Reaction score
just wondering if any geeks out there have had their eyelashes permed. I`ve booked to have mine done a week on tues before i troll off on a boozin weekend to benidorm.
does it make a difference or will i be wasting my hard earned money??:confused:

I have had it done and it worked beautifully.

I have also done a few and one didn't turn out still can't work out why. Most work well imo.

Enjoy your holiday

I have had it done about 5 times I have quite short eyelashes so they were a bit tricky, but the effect is great, would reccomend it:)

I do a lot of eyelash perming i always do a tint it makes them look thicker imo.
The effect is great you wont be disapointed.
Enjoy your weekend dont drink toooo much lol.

I do a lot of eyelash perming i always do a tint it makes them look thicker imo.
The effect is great you wont be disapointed.
Enjoy your weekend dont drink toooo much lol.

sorry to hijack your thread Jo-anne, but do you tint at the same time as perming?

If so when do you tint. We were never thought this way at college but i have heard a few salon doing it at the same time.

I do eyelash perming and tinting and I tint after I've permed as I find the eyelashes take the perm better without fresh tint on

When I trained with Hive & Beauty we permed then tinted straight afterwards. Made my lashes luck gorgeous..

I have not had them done since just the odd tint which isnt as near as effective on my lashes... :(

thanks everyone can`t wait to have them done now! i`m having them tinted aswell its part of the service :hug: :hug:

Eyelash perming is great. I done it to a friend about a month ago and people are still commenting to her how great her eyelashes look. They all think she has been standing in front of the mirror for an hour everyday with a pair of curlers. it does look great with a tint but u have to wait at least a week between them. its the same as hair but at a lower volume.
Hope this helps!
Elise :)

I've had my eyelashes permed & tinted several times. Even though they are rather short & straight they looked great after treatment. Great for summer and swimming...no more panda eyes. Enjoy your self.:wink2:

I used to do a few but just hated it when the eyelashes would eventually ping away from the rod (even though I used lash glue prior to application)

What is great about it is on short lashes it gives volume & lift (like when you get your hair permed) to create fuller looking lashes.

I think noveau contour are marketing their new perming system as volume lashes.

i have it done by friend nail creations and i love it when its done done.

I have had them done and they are great!! well recommended!! xx

As for when you tint when perming:- if customer wants a treatment with a week in between (much easier & cost effective to do together tho)!!!!!!! Obviously if they come in for a tint then decide they want a perm it's fine but you may loose a little of the tints colour by putting the perm solution on (bit like if you permed after colouring your hair) that's why you shud do it the other way round, but if you can't at least leave 24/48 hours between treatments.Also reguarding when you apply tint when perming, leave lashes on the rollers for neutralizer to carry on working but after first 5 mins (instead of 15) apply tint over lashes whilst still rolled up, allow to take in usual way then remove excess then rollers as per normal ...and hey presto:) HTH xx

I have had them done and they are great!! well recommended!! xx

As for when you tint when perming:- if customer wants a treatment with a week in between (much easier & cost effective to do together tho)!!!!!!! Obviously if they come in for a tint then decide they want a perm it's fine but you may loose a little of the tints colour by putting the perm solution on (bit like if you permed after colouring your hair) that's why you shud do it the other way round, but if you can't at least leave 24/48 hours between treatments.Also reguarding when you apply tint when perming, leave lashes on the rollers for neutralizer to carry on working but after first 5 mins (instead of 15) apply tint over lashes whilst still rolled up, allow to take in usual way then remove excess then rollers as per normal ...and hey presto:) HTH xx

Would you remove the neutraliser before putting the tin on and would you reduce the time of the tint? How much difference does it make by doing them together as opposed to a week apart.

Yes remove the acsess by wiping then apply tint and leave for norman time 15 mins or so .... it saves time and money doing it this way ... also gives an even bigger impact if all done together the difference are the same as i said hun xx HTH's

Just to mention hive perm says "leave 24hrs before tinting". I'm assuming there is a good reason for this? does anyone know please? x

Latest posts

Back