Eyelash perming + brow/lash enhancements?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterfly100

Reaction score
Hi all!
I have almost fininshed my 12 week C&G waxing, exam on Mon :eek: !
I want to add as much to my services as possible and a few clients have asked about other treatments they could have with me (which i`m really chuffed about as hopefully I am doing something right), so today I have booked myself on an Eyelash perming and Brow/lash enhancements course and its with Taining solutions/salon system! Just wondered if anyone had done this particular course and if you have any do`s or dont`s. All is supplied on the day so I will be looking into what kit to buy soon after! Can anyone recommend a good supplier or brand etc.
Do you offer these treatments and are they popular?
Even if its a slow start I know family and friends will want this so it won`t be wasted.:biggrin:
Thankyou geeks xx

HI Naomi

Tinting is a very popular and fairly low cost treatment to do. Eye lash perming however is not so popular.

We offer both e/lash extensions & perming.

As an introduction - offer a complimentary tint with the e/lash perm.
Slow & steady it's catching on, stored correctly your soloutions will keep for a while.

Make sure you find compatible solutions, ask at your course which tinting system works best with the perm.
ie: Elleebana e/lash perm + Belmacil tint or Heavenly lashes & Refectocil tint
There's a few to choose from.

HtH

XX J XX

I offer tinting and shaping and its pretty popular I find its one of those services clients are always happy with the result. As for perming I chose not to train in this, I didnt think it would be poplular to be honest and as it turns out my friend offers this and later admitted reluctantly that she didnt find it popular. She gave me an eyelash perm and I have to say the results although correct ( I think) were a million miles off what I thought they would be I can hardly even get my mascara on.
HTH
:hug::hug::hug::hug:

I don't find lash perming as popular as tinting.

Its a good service to be able offer, but will not be as profitable to you as the tinting aspect of eye enhancements.

Perming takes quite a while to do too, where as tinting is a much faster service.

Hope you enjoy your course :)

I offer tinting and shaping and its pretty popular I find its one of those services clients are always happy with the result. As for perming I chose not to train in this, I didnt think it would be poplular to be honest and as it turns out my friend offers this and later admitted reluctantly that she didnt find it popular. She gave me an eyelash perm and I have to say the results although correct ( I think) were a million miles off what I thought they would be I can hardly even get my mascara on.
HTH
:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Can i ask why you can't get your mascara on? Are the lashes too tightly curled? If so, the wrong size curlers were used.

They seem to be sprung back from the root of the lash, right back onto my eyelid, thus making them look short stubby and frazzled!! She did say she used some sort of adhesive to make the curling rod stay put??? Do you think they perhaps were not done very well??

They seem to be sprung back from the root of the lash, right back onto my eyelid, thus making them look short stubby and frazzled!! She did say she used some sort of adhesive to make the curling rod stay put??? Do you think they perhaps were not done very well??

It sounds to me like the rods were too small so it made the curl too tight. You should get a natural curve to the lashes.

Def. either too small a roller or the lotion placed too high on the rolled lashes...think root perm, your only trying to create a slight bend in the middle lower lashes not a complete curl to the tips. Easily corrected by combing the solutions through the lashes again for a few seconds each...though this should only ever be a last resort and never take the place of poor practise.

I taught and supplied eyelash perming for years and always found it very popular, i offered packages where we could do a file and polish for example while the client was 'cooking'
I recomend A H Francis system, not the cheapest but very proffessional and aproachable staff.

I regularly do my own and the worst results are when the lash has been wrapped right round the rod and the perm soloution applied right to the end. The best results are to stick the lash mid rod and and keep the bulk of the solution to the middle. This results in a straighter but 'lifted' appearence where the lashes look visible when when you look at client straight on. (similar to the lvl lashes and new 'rod' techniques that are available - I havent looked into that yet.

I dont do that many perms but love them - it takes about 45 mins for about £25 inc tint (I also tint mid nuetralizer - as someone said on here and it does work) .

Latest posts

Back