Eyelash perming?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarBlush

Reaction score
I'm 15 (well, almost :rolleyes:) and I'm lucky enough to have naturally dark, thick and long lashes. Everybody seems to be noticing it and they kept telling me how beautiful they are! I don't wear makeup or mascara to school (we're not allowed to) so my friends in school told me I have long & thick lashes but too bad they're not naturally curled! Not even a bit! They're straight! Since I heard that lash curlers aren't good for lashes and can break the lashes, I'm thinking of lash perming! (Unless you can give me a cheaper alternative)

Can you tell me the cons and pros for lash perming? Can they make your lashes go frizzy? (well, that's what I've heard over the internet)

PS: Is it normal that my lashes sheds like 4 strands a day? Its like that since I was born. I don't know cuz my lashes look just healthy!

Thanks in advance,
SugarBlush

Hi SugarBlush, you notice the lash loss more only because your lashes are so thick it just seems like more ,
don't worry as long as they remain thick this is normal

I think you would benefit from eyelash perming but do go to a professional beauty salon first for a chat about it ,

bieng only 15 , in some salons you may need your parent with you or their full consent ,

So when you have a chat she can advise you about any concerns you may have ,:hug:

Thanks for the quick answer.
Anyway, have you guys tried perming your lashes at home? I found a lash perming kit for beginners on eBay (more like a DIY kit). Which is cheaper than you go get it from any salon.

Will it be dangerous because I thought lash perming is for trained professional technicians only??

Its not like I want to get a friend to do it for me because I want a professional work so of course I want to go to a salon. I'm just wondering...
Has anyone have any experience on lash perming?

Please please DO NOT try and perm your own eyelashes. Eyelash perming uses chemicals which can be nasty if they go in your eye, and it's just not worth the risk. Anyone who performs any beauty treatment needs to be qualified in that treatment. If they're not qualified, they're not insured.

And as for buying a kit off Ebay, well what can I say? :eek: You don't know if what's in the bottles is what it says, you don't know if they've been stored correctly or opened, so you don't know if they're the correct strength. Don't bother, put the money towards going to a salon to see a qualified therapist and get it done properly!

And yes, it sounds like you'd be ideal for the treatment, a lot of ladies would kill for lashes like yours! :) I bet it looks fab when you've had it done.

Hi, I totally agree with Rouge, even a professionally trained technician would have great difficulty doing this type of treatment upon themselves ,

so save up and have them done professionally at a salon , :) you will be so pleased with them. :hug:

Whatever you do don't buy it from ebay , You could end up with no lashes or nasty frizz balls , and at worst you could damage your sight, :eek:

also the stuff in the bottles could be off or something,
and as rouge says you never know what is in the bottles :eek: ,
perhaps you could post us a before and after ?

It would be great to see those lashes :hug: x

Please please DO NOT try and perm your own eyelashes. Eyelash perming uses chemicals which can be nasty if they go in your eye, and it's just not worth the risk. Anyone who performs any beauty treatment needs to be qualified in that treatment. If they're not qualified, they're not insured.

And as for buying a kit off Ebay, well what can I say? :eek: You don't know if what's in the bottles is what it says, you don't know if they've been stored correctly or opened, so you don't know if they're the correct strength. Don't bother, put the money towards going to a salon to see a qualified therapist and get it done properly!

And yes, it sounds like you'd be ideal for the treatment, a lot of ladies would kill for lashes like yours! :) I bet it looks fab when you've had it done.

Yea, that's what I thought! I WOULD NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS do it myself! What if I lose my lashes forever? :eek: lol

I'm going to a salon and going to get it done. But I don't know when. perhaps next month since I'm TOTALLY busy this month with school projects and stuff. I have to go search for a very good salon first before anyone could perform this on me, so it'll turn out great! Thanks for the answers guys! :hug:

and if you know any GOOD salon that offers eyelash perming in Malaysia, please tell me! I'm dying to know! But I bet you don't know because Malaysia, its not a popular country! hahaha lol

minky
, I'll post a before & after pics If I got it done! ;D

Last edited:
OMG please listen to these other geeks AND DO NOT attemp to perm your own lashes!!
Eyelash curlers are not that bad i have used them for the last 20 years and my lashes are fine ! Just use them before you put on your mascara..
Now i will worry about you :cry:

Latest posts

Back