Eyelash refund

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autumnx

Reaction score
hi all, I rent a room in a salon and I have done for years, I had a new client today who had some lashes for £80, she was recommended to me from a friend last week. When she came in she saw my previous client leave and commented on how amazing the lashes are. I did her lashes, she wanted a full look but I explained that her own lashes are quite sparse and it will look nice but not like the kim Kardashian photo she gave me. She said she was happy and paid, thirty mins later she came back in with her "beautician" friend screaming, swearing and making a scene infront of the entire (busy) salon. she would quieten down or come into my room she stood in the reception area shouting, I told her I would give a full refund and remove the lashes, she refused to have them removed so I explained that I cannot give her a refund, after 30 minutes of going to and fro the salon owner came in and tried to sort out the situation with me but the two girls were not budging, they wanted a full refund and to keep the lashes she was slagging off the entire salon saying how cheap everything looks and even telling all the clients were rude and don't know how to work.. we ended up giving 3/4 of the money back to her just to get her out and she kept the lashes on... im so annoyed I cannot stop thinking about it but I didn't know what else to do, she didn't move from the desk and refused to let anyone else pay she deliberately just got in the way to cause a seen. I am going to make all clients sign something now on leaving saying they are happy but wht would you have done in this situation, I was really polite etc and explained everything I could but she shouted over me from the start and telling me im being arrogant etc.

Wow this sounds awful. People don’t usually act like this and I bet if she was on her own and didn’t have her friend with her she wouldn’t of acted the same. It sounds like she is someone who is just after a freebie. In terms of refunds I don’t usually give refunds but offer a discount/ free treatment next time. But this is a hard one as she was making such a scene I think it was good you said to remove them before giving a refund- her refusal proves she didn’t dislike them that much as why would she want to keep them on if she did! its probably was for the best you gave her some money back just to get rid of her as if you didn’t things could of got worse and she could of carried on and even make the salon look bad by writing bad comments on Facebook or something (if you have it) sounds like you were really professional and done all you can so sometimes you need to just let these things go and move on from things she is the one in the wrong.

I’m so annoyed. So today she called again twocie and said she wants the rest of the money refunded or she will put up bad reviews.. I decided that I will not give her any more money back and she can put up reviews if she likes then I will reply to them, and with a photo of her beautiful lashes to prove there was nothing wrong. What a horrendous girl. So young aswell at 18 to be so rude and confident in the situation.

I think you're dead right autumnx. Of she does leave bad reviews make sure you reply and be very professional and polite and explain in your response the main points you mentioned above (offered full refund with removal, explained to her prior to application the full set won't work as well as sparse hairs etc). Make sure you don't come across as aggressive or defensive or rude and anyone reading it will see you were right. X

hi all, I rent a room in a salon and I have done for years, I had a new client today who had some lashes for £80, she was recommended to me from a friend last week. When she came in she saw my previous client leave and commented on how amazing the lashes are. I did her lashes, she wanted a full look but I explained that her own lashes are quite sparse and it will look nice but not like the kim Kardashian photo she gave me. She said she was happy and paid, thirty mins later she came back in with her "beautician" friend screaming, swearing and making a scene infront of the entire (busy) salon. she would quieten down or come into my room she stood in the reception area shouting, I told her I would give a full refund and remove the lashes, she refused to have them removed so I explained that I cannot give her a refund, after 30 minutes of going to and fro the salon owner came in and tried to sort out the situation with me but the two girls were not budging, they wanted a full refund and to keep the lashes she was slagging off the entire salon saying how cheap everything looks and even telling all the clients were rude and don't know how to work.. we ended up giving 3/4 of the money back to her just to get her out and she kept the lashes on... im so annoyed I cannot stop thinking about it but I didn't know what else to do, she didn't move from the desk and refused to let anyone else pay she deliberately just got in the way to cause a seen. I am going to make all clients sign something now on leaving saying they are happy but wht would you have done in this situation, I was really polite etc and explained everything I could but she shouted over me from the start and telling me im being arrogant etc.

You can only do what you can do in that situation. People are so unpredictable. She was poor and wanted to rip you off. I would have called the police if she was causing a scene like that so that she knew she was being inappropriate.

Instead of a form to sign, I wouldn’t worry about it. My CBT lady calls it predicting he future. Expecting things to happen isn’t good for you.

If you really want something you could ask them to sign your guestbook if they are happy. Ask them to write what they love about the treatment. Ask them how they feel. They reaffirm to you and then to themselves. Then if there was a problem you can show it to them.

Latest posts

Back