Eyelash tech newbie, extension help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgiamarielashes

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Last night I did a set of classic lashes on my friend, but it took me almost 6 hours! This is only my second classic set I've done on a real person, but the first time only took me about 3 hours. I also find that my lashes keep getting stuck together, and I can't get them as close to the lash line as I hope because I'm so scared about sticking it to the clients eyelid!

I'm referring back to my training notes, but I'm a bit disheartened. Has anyone got any advice or tips for newbies starting out? I would really appreciate the help :-(

Hi everyone,

Last night I did a set of classic lashes on my friend, but it took me almost 6 hours! This is only my second classic set I've done on a real person, but the first time only took me about 3 hours. I also find that my lashes keep getting stuck together, and I can't get them as close to the lash line as I hope because I'm so scared about sticking it to the clients eyelid!

I'm referring back to my training notes, but I'm a bit disheartened. Has anyone got any advice or tips for newbies starting out? I would really appreciate the help :-(
Don't feel discouraged I know at first it was overwhelming. With regards to the lashes sticking my advice is to ensure you are holding lashes long enough to much your glue time and working on both eyes (so, for example, I work by putting lash on the outer corner on the left eye then switch to the outer corner of right giving my glue enough time to set so I'm not working lashes directly next to each other.) I hope that makes sense

Then with the lashes not being close enough try placing lash on Natural lash and sliding it down to the place you want it. It will come naturally once you have more practice, don't worry about the time the more you do the faster you will become. Also, watch a lot of youtube videos and find techniques that work for you.

Good luck and keep practicing xx

Don't feel discouraged I know at first it was overwhelming. With regards to the lashes sticking my advice is to ensure you are holding lashes long enough to much your glue time and working on both eyes (so, for example, I work by putting lash on the outer corner on the left eye then switch to the outer corner of right giving my glue enough time to set so I'm not working lashes directly next to each other.) I hope that makes sense

Then with the lashes not being close enough try placing lash on Natural lash and sliding it down to the place you want it. It will come naturally once you have more practice, don't worry about the time the more you do the faster you will become. Also, watch a lot of youtube videos and find techniques that work for you.

I am exactly the same as the poster. I have been qualified for years and did a refresher course last year. I just don't feel like I have ever gotten the hang of it. I am doing two clients tomorrow. My first in over a year and I am terrified of sticking their lashes together and taking forever. They both know I am still not confident and they are going to be patient with me I am sure but i am terrified! I will take this advice on board. Thank you x

Thank you! I will keep going, I've found that Youtube is very helpful so far! xx

I am exactly the same as the poster. I have been qualified for years and did a refresher course last year. I just don't feel like I have ever gotten the hang of it. I am doing two clients tomorrow. My first in over a year and I am terrified of sticking their lashes together and taking forever. They both know I am still not confident and they are going to be patient with me I am sure but i am terrified! I will take this advice on board. Thank you x
It can be very nerve wrecking! When I started lash lifting I was the same, but I feel that extensions are a lot more complex and there's more to think about! xx

Latest posts

Back