Eyelash thinning and shedding

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazylove

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Wanted to enquire about my once thick, long lashes shedding due to individual eyelash extensions.

In Feb 2010 I visited a nail salon who also done eyelash extensions. My eyelashes were lovelyyyy, sometimes I could get them near my eyebrow with mascara and very thick.
The false lashes were horrible on me, they looked like feathers and were a bit over the top. They were also very heavy. The lady used black glue, I don't know if this is any help. She applied them with tweezers, and she didn't tell me to come back to remove them.

I had them in for two days, absolutely hated them, so I carefully picked off the black glue, which was also on my eyelids. Very carefully. I didn't rip or pull. I noticed my lashes underneath were half the size they were before, and when I touched them a lot came out in the tissue. For the next few days everytime I touched my lashes lashes would come out.

I miss my eyelashes so much, that was the worst thing I've ever done. I've been looking it up online, and I believe they should have grown back if it was one time I done them. Well it's been two years and they haven't grown back.

They are noticeably thinner, with gaps between them. The lash line looks thinner, and when I apply mascara I can feel the wand brushing against the eyelid, which I couldn't feel before.

Why has this happened after one time? And why haven't they come back?

Is there a way to get them back how they were? I don't really wanna use any lash stimulators like rapid lash, I don't feel comfortable putting growth chemicals near my eyes.

Thanks again.

:-(

You could try castor oil (I'm going to be buying some of this tomorrow to try)
I had an operation 4 years ago and I noticed after that, my lashes were missing clumps and were much shorter!!! Turns out, I think it was from where they tape your eyes shut during operations :-( my lashes have never been the same since. Both eyes are odd too, one is quite straight and short, the others are a little longer and more curled!

I'm going to give the castor oil ago, people say it works and it not a Chemical!

Don't see why this would have happened to you though, especially after just one application... Was it cluster lashes you had on or semi permanent? X

I was on tablets that made my eyes dry so I hardly had any eyelashes left when stopping the tablets they grown back but not as long and very sparse, look on boots website there's a product called eye lite mavala it's an eyelash serum you put on before bed like a mascara it's fab better than rapid lash which is three times the price I've been using mine for a week and can already see a difference, when I used rapid lash I did notice a difference but only after about 6weeks of use and its to expensive, look at eye lite reviews on boots websites 😃 xxx

i had the same problem after lash extensions, i use rapidlash now, and my eyelashes are longer and thicker than they were before the extensions, i urge you to try it, it helped me sooo much :) xxxxx

I use Revitalash purchased on QVC as my eyelashes were damaged too. It's fab! I am always being asked if they are mine!! Well worth the money it lasts for ages! ;)

Have you tried Mavala Double Lash serum.
I sell this in the salon and use it myself - had lash extenstions which ruined my lovely lashes, but they are back now afer using this serum.:p

Hi hon,
I am not a lash pro but it might be worth posting this on the beauty forum to as there are a lot of EE geeks on there who might not see this....and yes castor oil really works, just brush it along your lash line every night, avoid it going directly in your eyes though
xxxx

Try sea kelp a great vitamin xx

I've just bought some of the mavala, I'm excited ;) I'll try and take some before and after pics if I remember x

I've just bought some of the mavala, I'm excited ;) I'll try and take some before and after pics if I remember x

I've been using it for two weeks and can Definatley tell the difference in my lashes it's fab😃 xxx

Ok so I've just taken my before pic, then I applied my first application :) at what stages shall I take photos? Daily? Weekly? Monthly? X

Ok so I've just taken my before pic, then I applied my first application :) at what stages shall I take photos? Daily? Weekly? Monthly? X

I wouldn't do daily maybe do every 2weeks or once a month, i noticed a difference in mine after two weeks. Xxx

Latest posts

Back