Eyelash tint not taking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelancetrainer

Reaction score
[emoji112] Hi!
I had an unusual experience yesterday with a client (in her 60’s with light blonde/white eyebrows). Most of her eyebrows had the remains of the Ellison’s brown tint on them and she just wanted a touch up before going on holiday. She wanted exactly the same as I did on her just about 2-3 weeks ago which is dark brown. I did so but used salon services brown eyelash tint as I’d run out of the Ellisons, but it wouldn’t take to the brow hair or even the skin below.

I left it on longer than normal and mixed the correct proportion (2cm to 2 drops of peroxide - as per the box), even though 2cm seems a lot of tint for just 2 drops of peroxide. I had to reapply it 3 times and nothing had happened. I did try using more peroxide too.

There was no sell by date on it. I ended up using light brown Refectocil instead, even though it’s lighter but it gave some colour unlike Salon System dark brown.

Anyone had bad experience with salon system eye lash tints in the past? I bought it at capital hair and beauty.

Was it just the white hairs it didn’t take to? It happened to me on a client once but just in the white or grey hairs, the tint might not be strong enough or something

Was it just the white hairs it didn’t take to? It happened to me on a client once but just in the white or grey hairs, the tint might not be strong enough or something

It seemed to be all the hairs and didn’t even stain the skin below where she has sparse growth. I’ve said I’ll reorder the ellisons tint for her since we know that worked last time but I don’t really want to as I don’t need anything else from ellisons and I’ll have delivery charge too.

All of her eyebrows were white when I started. I haven’t used this tint colour on anyone else as it’s a new tube.

I was literally watching a YouTube video earlier about this very subject and the technician applied a light coat of the peroxide directly to the brow first in order to open the cuticle of the brow hairs, then applied the tint as normal. I’ve not tried this myself but sounded like a helpful tip!

It’s just odd as she still had most of the brown tint still in her brows from last visit, so if anything I’d have expected her brows to be more able to pick up the tint.

It sounds like you bought from the same batch as me! I had this last week, put a big blob on my arm for 15mins and when I removed there was nothing. I called Sally’s salon services and she gave me the manufacturers number, so I called them and they asked me to return the tints (I had two tubes both salon system brown) and they would test them. So I did that a week ago & yesterday I had a parcel that has tried to be delivered from them, so it seems that they may have sent me some new tubes... I won’t be able to collect from sorting office until Monday, but can keep you posted. Call Ellisons because if that batch was tested they will have heard from manufacturers and probably be aware of the problem by now?...

Ok... update! I just called the manufacturer again & they said that the tint was found faulty when tested and they have sent me 2 replacement tubes (which must be at the sorting office!) so if I were you I would definitely call either ellisons or the manufacturer number (pdc brands is the company that make it) hope this helps you x

Sorry, I just saw that you bought it capital not ellisons... but you know what I mean!!

Wow. Thanks for that! Fortunately I only bought one tube (brown) and like you, I decided to test the tint on my skin and attempt my eyebrow. It didn’t even leave the slightest hint of tint on my arm. I will phone the manufacturers and tell Capital. I even tested the peroxide as that was bought at the same time and also salon system. I tested it on a potato to see if it bubbled and it did. I also tested another tint which is actually too light for me but tried it on my eyebrow and that made a difference. I think I’ll try moving over to Refectocil now. I’m trying different tints as I use them up but that’s out me off salon system now.

That’s exactly what I did!! I tested all my tints and peroxide on my own arm!! I had loads of black & blue splotches but no brown at all!!! I have since used a new tube of salon system and it’s working absolutely fine!

Latest posts

Back