Eyelash tint - skin/hair issue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kljones11

Reaction score
I have been tinting for 10+ years and it’s the first time it’s happened! I did a lash lift & tint today but the tint has dyed the client facial hair just below the eye area. God know how but it has.! We cannot get it off and the client is fuming so should I wax it off?

Don't worry it can happen sometimes, but there is a tint remover available for that job if it happens again.
Applied with cotton bud if it is so close to the eye or let her do it with the remover on.
Don't wax it off it just needs a little firm rubbing and then wait until nature lifts the colour out with sebum or sweat from the skins pores, which will take a couple of hours .. Apply loads of moisturiser or use a good facial oil on damp coton wool is what I do if brows get overspill on the skin.
I know it's too late , but you can blame her for having such dehydrated skin in the first place, because it really is a reason that the tint gets carried into the upper layers when it is so very dry. So advise she moisturises before she comes and gets prepared in case it happens again.

Have you contacted her or seen her since yesterday?

Don't worry it can happen sometimes, but there is a tint remover available for that job if it happens again.
Applied with cotton bud if it is so close to the eye or let her do it with the remover on.
Don't wax it off it just needs a little firm rubbing and then wait until nature lifts the colour out with sebum or sweat from the skins pores, which will take a couple of hours .. Apply loads of moisturiser or use a good facial oil on damp coton wool is what I do if brows get overspill on the skin.
I know it's too late , but you can blame her for having such dehydrated skin in the first place, because it really is a reason that the tint gets carried into the upper layers when it is so very dry. So advise she moisturises before she comes and gets prepared in case it happens again.

Have you contacted her or seen her since yesterday?

Thank you for taking the time to reply. It hasn’t dyed the skin it’s dyed the hair (she has a lots of downy light hair on her face). I have refunded her for the full treatment (eyelash lift and tint) and have text her a few times. She is not happy and says it’s still as bad as yesterday. Any other advise?

Oh dear, trim them down with very tiny trimmers perhaps?
The tint will not last that long on those hairs because as you say they are fine, so the capacity to take up tint in the medulla of the hair is minimal, but it does sound like perhaps her hairs are a thicker down.
yes i'd cut down I think.
Has she been before or is it her frist time ?

Yes she’s been before and I’ve done loads but I must have just got the tint on my hand then transferred to her face. This beauty business is not always so great!!!!!!!!!!! She is a worrier too so that doesn’t help! Thanks so much for the advise - all I’ve got to do is convince her to come back!!!!!!!!! X

Oh poor you. Yes sometimes it can get on my litle fingers and touch the cheek or forehead. Be on your guard in future for any blobs of tint that could transfer during the session.
Occasionally tint can seem to not mix very well , and time wise a rush at mixing can cause it to land where we don't want it to.
Don't refund in future either as you havent done the procedure wrongly, you have had accidental spillage on the skin which went unnoticed unfortunately.
Offer a complimentary treatment of something else you also do if you must , she may well then start to have that treatment as well.
Get her to come back , maybe to do a relaxing massage facial to help calm her if she is a worrier.
Fingers crossed , but if it was me I'd stick with someone who cares about me than going elsewhere to get maybe a second rate treatment. x

Latest posts

Back