Eyelash tint test

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelancetrainer

Reaction score
Hello!
My client has had a reaction to the tint test done a couple of days ago which is a shame as she really wanted her eyelashes tinted. I haven’t seen the reaction but I’m told it’s red and dry and itchy. She says it was fine all day but towards the end of the day it started to react. I have never had anyone react to the tint in tint tests so I’m trying to find reasons for it. Was it left on too long? Should it be removed after a couple of hours if there’s no reaction? She had no perfume etc on her skin. I applied it behind her ear. She has semi permanent eyebrows which she didn’t react to. (Done elsewhere). I’m wondering if we should try it again. It’s annoying as the tint will actually be applied to the hair, not the skin. How long do you tell clients to leave the patch test on for?

I just put a bit behind the ear and tell them to keep checking over 48 hours. If I client reacts then I can't go ahead. You could try again and put a bit on the arm but chances are she will still react.

Latest posts

Back