Eyelash tinting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabrina1

Reaction score
Please help.
I have done an intense beauty course and I am just getting started. I have my first eye lash tint client tommorrow and am really worried, see I remember the class- and have my instructions with me but am worried that I have missed some thing! Whe applting the lash tint i firstly put it on the bottom lashes and then get the client to close her eyes and roll it on the top of lashes while eyes are closed don't I. well thats in my notes and procedures but i'm worriesd that I am going to do this wrong. I am right in saying that you do not put the tint on the inside of the top lashes do I just the back of them? Please help.

1. Put vaseline under the eyes being careful not to get it on the lower lashes
2. Put your cotton pads on top of the vaseline hooking the bottom lashes on top of the cotton pads.
3. Apply tint to bottom lashes
4. Ask client to close eyes and apply vaseline on eyelid being careful not to get it on the lashes
5. Apply tint to top lashes making sure client keeps thier eyes closed at all times.
6. After 10-15 mins remove tint.
HTH
xx:hug:xx

Thabks
So I was right in thinking that I don't put it on the inside of the top lashes do i?

Thabks
So I was right in thinking that I don't put it on the inside of the top lashes do i?
Yes you were right, just apply tint to the back of the top lashes. good luck hun
xx:hug:xx

don't stress you will be fine

you must patch test at least 24 hours before

don't forget to do a consultation, wash your hands and give aftercare advice

my procedure is

consultation
wash hands
clean eye area
vaseline under eyes and apply cotton pads
apply tint and tell client to keep eyes close
leave for 5-10 mins and remove
give aftercare advice
wash hands

You'll be fine, you know what you're doing. Don't panic just enjoy it :)

I never apply to the bottom lashes as I find this can get into the eyes.
My procedure is:

Wash Hands

apply Vaseline under the eye with a cotton bud avoiding lower lashes but getting under them as close as the eye as possible. and on the eyelid again avoiding the lashes.

get a damp cotton pad, strip it of it's layers so it's nice and thin, it fits under the lashes better IMO cut in half and place under the lashes.
ask client to close their eyes and apply the tint on the lashes, use plenty to cover.

Place damp cotton pads on the eyes.
stay with client at all times maybe offer a hand massage and have a eye bath ready in case it gets in the eyes.
wait about 10- 20 mins and remove with damp not wet cotton pads.

After care advice

wash hands

This always works for me and I never get any in the clients eyes.

Good luck with it I hope this helps

:hug::hug::hug:

I felt really nervous too after i had trained it was about 6 months before i did a tint but i really enjoyed doing the treatment once i started.
You'll be fine as long as you do a skin test and you will know when the lashes are well covered.
I always make it clear to my clients that they must say if their eye start to sting as the tint can very easily go into the eye and some clients say nothing. This can be caused by the client twitching their eyes. Thankfully this has never happened to me but i think it is always best to cover it in the consultation as it makes the client feel better knowing.
Good luck and enjoy.

As you'll know from your training, the patch test is really important ...

Another little tip ... rather than applying petroleum jelly/vaseline directly under the eyes, I coat the back of my half moon of cotton wool with it and 'slide' it up under the lower lashes. I find it stops me getting vaseline on the lower lashes and is less irritating to the client because it's quicker to do. It also helps the cotton wool to stay in place and makes for easier removal too.
Let us know how you get on! x

I was never taught to and never do put it on the lower lashes first with the eyes open.
Many peoples eyes water directly you go near them if they can see.This then leaves the eyelashes wet so they wont take as well,and also tint is likely to be carried into the eye.
Once you have put your pads under the lower lashes get them to close their eyes and then PUSH the tint into the lashes with the slanted end of an orange stick you then get the bottom ones at the same time.

Latest posts

Back