Eyelash training dilemma!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsP

Reaction score
Hello all - I have read every thread on here about lashes, trawled internet etc.. etc.. and I simply cannot decide which course! :eek: I made the right decision with nails training with CND and v keen to get it right for lashes . I really want a strong brand image that sits well with my own - quality, etc...

So...
LashFX is avail at CND Manchester and looks good..
Lash Perfect - I love the new La La Lashes - so do I have to train in lash perfect??? As some say glue issues??
Hollywood is the most established but looks crap website! (sorry but it is..)
Nouveau requires 2 visits (I am IOM so not practical)
Glam Lashes are v new but seem great - although the lashes in a flash seem to need an extra course??

Also need to factor in longevity of product and shelf life of glue and odour. I need low odour. Then of course aftercare service.. not asking much then :green:

I am spedning WAY too much time on this and need to book my course NOW!!!!!! Please help..:hug:

I have trained with Nouveau and recently started ordering from AH Francis. Their products seem much better and customer service is excellent so far. I'm going to retrain with them. HTH

Have a look at Flirties, they have a great deal on the training and kit at the moment.
Once you have trained in lash extensions you can buy from anyone within reason. Some companies for example Blink and Go require you to buy into their brand so you have to train with them to purchase items and use their products, but others are fine.
With respects to glue, everyone has their favourites and most people try out a few before they find the one they prefer.
Personally, I researched all the companies, wrote down the pros and cons for each (remember to factor in WHERE the course is held) and then went from there.
Good luck x

I agree with MissPink about writing up the pros and cons of each. I went with GlamLash as I have done a lot of training through Caledonian Beauty Acadamy (they are linked), I was happy with their other training and was happy with their eyelash training.

Find out more about how they train too ie how many are in each class, how much time do you spend applying lashes, etc

Annie x

I was very happy with Nouveau and think their products are excellent. The most important thing to me is my clients have loved their lashes and they have lasted very very well for them. I never expected lashes to last for so long so I guess that says 3 things:

I must be doing a good job

The training and products must be first class

The clients are doing their aftercare. ( I make them purchase the things they need.

I'm used to using the best of everything on the nail side of things and I think I've got it right on the lash side of things too.

I love the flirties lashes and glue and so do my clients. The training is one to one so you have the full attention of your trainer and you can ask as many questions you want. Customer service is also fab any orders are generally with you within 24 hours depending on when u order. I had been stung with the spray tanning and had to redo my training so I know how you feel about finding the best.

I could have written this same post :) I am trying to chosse between lash perfect and Nouveau so im glad to hear that Geeg has great things to say about Nouveau so I must be on the right track!

Can you have your own lashes done by the brand you are thinking of going with and see how the brand image/quality of lashes/lasting power etc comes across to you as a client?!?

x

I could have written this same post :) I am trying to chosse between lash perfect and Nouveau so im glad to hear that Geeg has great things to say about Nouveau so I must be on the right track!

Can you have your own lashes done by the brand you are thinking of going with and see how the brand image/quality of lashes/lasting power etc comes across to you as a client?!?

x

Why not .. they have a salon next to the Nouveau Lash training academy.

I agree with everyone here and would def write pros and cons of each one. What I will say is that all of the companies mentioned have excellent training and products but its all down to you and the amount of practice you put into your new skill, its not easy to start, its fiddly and can be frustrating but its one of the most relaxing treatments and pleasurable treatments in my opinion to do, I love clients reactions at the end once you have transformed the lashes. Good luck with your search I know how hard it is when deciding on things like this I'm terrible for making a decision. If you want any info re flirties I can help or for glam lash try louisetherapy and for nouveau I'm sure geeg or angelina can help, jinxy is a lash perfect tech and all have their websites. Xx

Thanks everyone!
Would like Nouveau but the training requires me to go back again (I am IOM so even more cost)
So I will do what you guys say and write it all down.

Rachface - have you decided??

Nouveau has Blink & Go - looks great
Lash perfect has La La Lashes
Glam has express version too glam in a flash or something simialr :):)

Are they the same thing really does anyone know??:?:

I havent decided yet but i wont be training until after Christmas so I have a bit of time. I think ill also need to get a lash tinting qualification before i do the training as i dont have an nvq x

Hi RachFace,

I did my training with Francesca at her salon LASH by Francesca which was convenient for me in west london. Francesca does her training on a 1 to 1 basis so I had her undivided attention. She also includes a mentoring session a few weeks later and a competence assesment when you feel ready and it was all included in the price. You do need to have a model available later on your training day though, but that was fine as my model left my training session with a set of extensions :)

I was also offered a discounted set of extensions, as Francesca believes its important for your clients to see them.

I also get all my products there too which are great quality and I get a discount as a LASH academy graduate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back